Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2023, 07:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the add 2023 Minnie Winnie 31K

Hello all,
WE just downsized from a Class A Diesel to our new Winnie 31K...Getting ready to head to Maine soon (From Texas)
swb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 09:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Happy trails! Welcome aboard.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
Ted & Lynne

i will soon be going from MA to Texas. welcome aboard from another newbie here.
Old 04-23-2023, 10:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the group and hope all goes well!

Just as a side note for those going North/South on I35 in Texas?
They have just broken ground on a super size project through the Austin area and we are thinking it will be a traffic nightmare for about 8-10 years, so it might change some planning if it sounds right to you?
The initial project of three sections is to be finished in 2025, I think, but it is just part of changing some of the major interestions to the "displaced left turn" style and involves the more Northern end of the local area. But as one project is finished, another will begin as they work their way South in three different projects.
Currently running either way through town is a bit of frustration but when they start plowing out to put the interstate underground, things will get really fussy!
There is a smallish lake on the South edge of downtown Austin and the plan is to put the highway under it, so the traveling folks will likely run into some big time delays with the only real alternate being a toll road 130 around the East side which many truckers avoid due to time, distance, and expense.
I'm sure big cities all across the country have done big projects before but it has also created big headaches for many.

Just a headsup to be looking ahead if going this way!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote