Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Our new (to us) 2004 Winnebago Brave 34D

Hi everyone, we are Jim and Bonnie and have recently acquired a Winnebago HOORAY. First winnebago we have owned. We have owned fifth wheels, class C's, a diesel pusher, and several class A's.

Well in stumbling around on the web one day, I spied this Winnebago for sale near our home listed for 24.5k so we decided to check it out, having recently sold our fiver.

The good and bad. The bad it had set most of its life in the Arizona Sun and the never turned her around! so the passenger side was baked, the sun did a number on the cirrus blue paint on the baggage doors and the decals, drivers side was nice.

At least they kept the blinds closed as the interior was pristine. The engine and Transmission were great although it was a quart and a half low on oil when I checked it. No smoke after filling it up and test driving and pulled great of course it has that big 8.1L Chevy engine. Course it needed tires, the main awning was rotten, and they had cut it off, the slide out awning on the bedroom slide was gone along with the roller, also the slide awing on the drivers side had also been cut off as it was rotten, but the roller was still there.

To make a long story longer, haggled them down to 16.5K and bought it and drove it home WOOHOO, couldn't hardly keep her on the road due to the shocks being stock, leaking and non functioning. Got her home and started renovations. See my post on new bilstein shocks. Also am going to show how I wrangled the old tube tv's out and replaced them with flat screens, and changed out that old chunk of iron hanging down in the center, its all flat and beautiful now, or soon will be

Sorry don't know why some pictures comes out upside down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331 (2).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	181811   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	181812  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	181813  
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looks like progress!
On the pictures, I might guess they were taken with a cell phone and they have info on the image for which way is up and if the phone is turned the other way it says up is down???
One has to be wide awake and really consistent with which way to turn the phone!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, winnebago