Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2003 Brave 34D Black Tank Access

I am struggling with a leak from my black water tank.
I am not certain where the leak is coming from, it is leaking from somewhere on the black tank and running down into the area where the valves are at. I cannot get into that area to see where the leak is coming from, I try to get a camera in above the valves and I can see the water pooled up under the tank, but cannot see where the leak is at.
From under the coach I see no access to the tank and was wondering if there is a way to access the tank from the curbside of the coach? I am just trying to find the leak so I can know what is needed to repair it as I am currently living in this fulltime. A service center is not an option for me at this time. I did find an email address from my search online which was [email protected] which I sent an email, but I am not sure if that email will even be received. I am sure its no easy task to remove and replace the tank, but after removing my shower completely thinking it may give me some insight on how to access it. I was hoping someone may have had to replace a tank and could guide me in the proper direction on how to even begin to access it. Thank you in advance for reading this and even more so if you have any suggestions.
iamben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I assume you have reviewed your plumbing diagrams?

In my similar era, but different floorplan, Winnebago, I can remove a panel on the passenger side and see my tanks. Not sure if I could actually get the tank out that way or not. But, to get the tank out, you'd have to undo the two connections on the top of the tank (and the dump plumbing), one of which could be the source of your leak. At that point, there'd be no reason to pull the tank, just redo those connections. If that's not the leak, there's always the chance something else is leaking on to the tank from above, looks like the bathroom sink could be a source like that.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your response. I did find an access panel that was on the passenger side which gave me room to see exactly what was happening. It was the coupler at the bottom of the tank which had cracked and was leaking. I found some 3x3" couplers at home depot and was able to force my body into the opening at the valves after removing everything to remove them. Certainly was not a fun time, but it was much easier than removing the tank.
iamben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, brave, tank