RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Jim

Not so new - Micro Minnie 2108DS

Hello all. Took a early retirement and started looking for different ways to see the country other than on a Harley (had to give it up). After a few months of studying the TT I settled on a Micro Minnie 2108DS. One thing I learned from Harley forums is the amount of invaluable info available. Before I pull the trigger on the Micro I knew the forum would be the place to get some details. Thanks in advance to all those that have contributed for the info available here.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome, there are a few active threads in the travel trailer section detailing the positives and negatives mini owners have found.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimroxstone View Post
Hello all. Took a early retirement and started looking for different ways to see the country other than on a Harley (had to give it up). After a few months of studying the TT I settled on a Micro Minnie 2108DS. One thing I learned from Harley forums is the amount of invaluable info available. Before I pull the trigger on the Micro I knew the forum would be the place to get some details. Thanks in advance to all those that have contributed for the info available here.
Are you buying a new 2021? There’s already a recall on the axle.

WINNEBAGO TOWABLE

Trailers Built with Undersized Axles

If the axle breaks, it could result in serious injury or death.

Potential Number of Units Affected: 106

Winnebago is recalling certain 2021 Micro Minnie trailers. These trailers were built with undersized axles that may not support the weight of the vehicle and could break.

“Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will replace the 2,500-pound rated axle with the correct 4,000-pound rated axle, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact Winnebago customer service at 1-641-585-6939 or 1-800-537-1885.”
Old 12-02-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
Jim

Thanks for the info, great stuff that's why I'm here. I did see in the specs where it looked like they changed the new models to a little lighter axle. I also heard some were getting sent out with wrong axles but that kind of difference is just plain neglectful. Haven't bought one yet, but I am in the process of dealing with four different dealers working on the best deal.