Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Trend Owners

Hi fellow Winnie owners.
My husband and I live in Holmen, Wisconsin formerly from Mason City, Iowa. We lived very close to the Winnebago plant in Forest City.
We recently downsized from a 40ft Crossroads to a 24 foot Trend. It’s a huge change for us. We are excited to take her out on a maiden voyage.
Although we are not new to camping having a motorhome is a complete new experience for us. We have been at a permanent seasonal campground for years. I feel that we are ready for this new experience but I am terribly anxious about how to managing the lack of storage, especially for our outdoor gear. We literally have no storage on the outside of our unit. I would love to hear any organizational tips you have to offer.
vgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Vgraf,
The Trend is a smaller unit, to be sure. Hopefully, you can thin-down your cargo. I guess some things can be rented, when needed. Which floor plan did you buy?
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-03-2021, 06:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Talking Trend 23D

Hi Eagles5,
Thank you for responding.
Our Trend is the 23D with the twin beds. The layout inside seems like it will be perfect for us once I figure out where and what we need to bring along. Unfortunately, the outside storage is less than ample. It won’t hold chairs, or our grill, let alone a tool box. We need to figure out a way to bring these items without using our precious space inside to do so. I know I will eventually figure it out. My mind is geared for problem solving. I would love to hear how others owners have worked through this issue.
Have a wonderful day. Vicky
vgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi Vicky,
Even though my outside storage is larger, I still use small collapsible chairs. Tools can be wrapped-up in custom tool bags. Small outdoor grilles and backpacking gear can save space.
These threads may also be of interest:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...nd-350864.html
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...nd-204278.html
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...rs-250337.html
Keep us posted as to your storage solutions. Maybe some other current Trend owners could add their two bits too.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 05-05-2021, 05:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Although we don’t have a Trend, we do have a Travato, which has 0 outside storage. We were able to store our folding chairs and table over the cab. We bought a wheeled container from the Container Store and put our grill, collapsible trash can, and a few other things in it. We put it near the sliding door, so we are able to access the rest of the RV. We purchased a Wilco swing away spare tire carrier that fits in the hitch. Just a side note, we found some good ideas on YouTube. Enjoy your Trend. We like the Promaster chassis.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote