Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2023, 04:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to the Winnebago world 2013 Sightseer 33C

Joining the world of Class A Motorhomes after just over a decade in a Four Winds Class C. We have enjoyed our new to us unit for just about a month and a half, and we have already surpassed the mileage that the previous owner put on the unit over their three years of ownership.

We mainly use the unit for dry camping at auto races, and we are now looking at expanding our race schedule to tracks we haven't been to yet. And I have been told we are heading to Maine for no reason at all....

Looking forward to tapping into this knowledge base for anything that we may need in regards to things we just are not familiar with yet...
Myrons 33C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Greeting Myrons 33C,
The Sightseer 33C (brochure) with its three slide-outs gives you a huge interior area; probably quite a change from your previous Class C. What kind of race cars do you drive? Do you tow it with the Sightseer?
So in the mean time, it's off to Maine for some Lobster Chowder? Should be fun; even without the race cars.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-30-2023, 06:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes. Having no slides and now moving to three has been a bit of a change.... But a welcome one. The wife wanted space. Now she has space....

I wish I could give details on a race car, but there isn't one to race. Yet.... There is still some time left to get into that and we will see. We are just race fans at this time and follow mostly IMSA, Indycar, regional SCCA, and a smattering of NASCAR series races. We enjoy four to five day weekends of cars on road courses.

We are season pass holders at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH and this RV was targeted specifically because it would "fit" in my spot that I have had at the track for about 8 years.

I will check out the food up there in Maine. The state was picked as a destination without my input.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:41 AM   #4
Site Team

In another lifetime ago, when living in Southern Michigan we went to Mid-Ohio to see races all the time. Gosh, this was almost 50-yrs ago now. Those were great times and some great racing there. I even took a Skip Barber Drivers School course there in Formula Fords.

Have you gotten a chance to attend an event at Road America In Wisconsin? That was a favorite place to go. Great track, beautiful surroundings, terrific food at the track - beer, brats and corn dunked in butter. Wow!

I met Paul and Joanne Newman there when he was racing. I even got to run 3-Parade Laps with my Car Club on the long 4+ mile course. What a thrill!

This would have been in the late ‘70’s. Living in Michigan, with friends in the car business opened lots of car related opportunities - I even got to go to the Indy 500 three times with pit passes. That was a great experience.

Enjoy your new motorhome and if you want to camp at Austin’s Circuit of America you’ll need to apply very far ahead of time. I live 65 miles away and have never been. Yet.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My Sightseer was purchased new in 2011 and it has served me well. I've had very few problems and have made some "comfort" changes only. Feel free to ping me anytime.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Welcome we have a 2012 sightseer 33c and Love it
djisarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
In another lifetime ago, when living in Southern Michigan we went to Mid-Ohio to see races all the time. Gosh, this was almost 50-yrs ago now. Those were great times and some great racing there. I even took a Skip Barber Drivers School course there in Formula Fords.

Have you gotten a chance to attend an event at Road America In Wisconsin? That was a favorite place to go. Great track, beautiful surroundings, terrific food at the track - beer, brats and corn dunked in butter. Wow!

I met Paul and Joanne Newman there when he was racing. I even got to run 3-Parade Laps with my Car Club on the long 4+ mile course. What a thrill!

This would have been in the late ‘70’s. Living in Michigan, with friends in the car business opened lots of car related opportunities - I even got to go to the Indy 500 three times with pit passes. That was a great experience.

Enjoy your new motorhome and if you want to camp at Austin’s Circuit of America you’ll need to apply very far ahead of time. I live 65 miles away and have never been. Yet.
I have been to, and thoroughly enjoyed everything you said about Road America several times. It truly is a great place to spend a four day weekend.

A return to Indianapolis is in a month or so for sports cars. Not sure why I haven't gone to the 500 being just 5 hours away....

COTA hasn't really been spoken of because of the access, but we will see. As you mentioned, it is hard to get spots at some events. The "good" spots are held for years and passed on to family. I intend to do the same for my camping sites at Watkins Glen International and Mid-Ohio.

Hoping for a lot of luck in getting into the Rolex 24 at Daytona next year andthe other East Coast IMSA races at Road Atlanta, VIR, and Lime Rock...

Tags
winnebago, sightseer