Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Ones

New to the forums here. Jim, Katy and 3 dogs. Lexington, KY. Our 4th RV and we like this one. Typical of all, after each trip we fix all the things that went wrong. I NEVER take to a dealer any more. Even if it's a warranty issue. I fix it better and I do it in under 6 weeks.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Good morning and welcome!
Got to agree with the part on taking it in. As we have gotten more experience, we have fewer things to take to others to "fix". The final straw was taking a new Rv to Camping World for jacks to be added. We discussed with the sales folks all kinds of specific things like where the controls and pumps were to be located but when we picked it up, nobody had told the installer and he said he had never put anything in other locations! A class "c" with jacks was going to be a bit difficult but we had decided what we wanted, only to get what they "always do"! That meant a compartment with a hydraulic pump filling it!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Morich. Yep that is typical of why I won't take my RV to a dealer anymore. Great thing about the Winnebagos is there is lots of data with wonderful 3D parts explosion diagrams on line and much technical info. Not to mention forums like this. If you have some tools and some mechanical abilities you can do almost ANYTHING better and faster than the dealers. Even something as easy as ordering a part.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

BTW, as an EE and former owner of a Race Car prep shop and engine builder, we are lucky to have a bit more experience than most. But so far the jobs I have had to do on mine haven't required a lot of that experience. Maybe the EE has helped a bit since I have added inverter and solar to my coach, but even that info is available on the web.