Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New member with 2017 ERA 70M

Hello, my wife and I are from the Lafayette, Louisiana area. We purchased our ERA 70M in April 2019 with 3600 miles from a couple in Florida. Since we owned the RV, it has been in an enclosed storage for about 90% of the time.

We have been to San Diego three times, New Jersey once and around the area several weekends. On our last outing, we noticed some water dripping along the bathroom wall when a thunder storm rolled thru. We currently have a little over 21,000 miles.

I brought the RV to a local RV shop and they did a "pressure" test on the unit. According to the shop, I have several leaks on the top. They are proposing to replace the sealant where ever they saw leaks. the cost will be about $ 2,000.

I have two questions: 1) Is it normal for RVs to leak after 3 ro 4 years?, 2) Is this a reasonable price for repairing leaks.

Thanks for any advice. Trying to understand what to expect.

The Mamouian
mamouian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mamouian,
It sounds high to me. I would invest in a nice set of knee pads, buy the three approved sealants, and do it myself.
Manuals and Diagrams
Sealant Callout Sheets
2017 ERA 70M
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Eagle5,

Thank you so much for the info! Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to devote to the leaks, but I will forward the info to the shop to make sure they are following Winnebago's recommendations.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my call for help!

We are looking forward to our next trip at the end of June to Holland, Michigan and then to the East Coast.

The Mamouian
mamouian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags