Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

My 2013 Tour - Carpet Change?

Hello to all Winnie owners. I am new on this forum. I'd like to know if anyone has changed their rug in their 2013 Winnebago Tour. On the drivers side, runs the whole length from drivers side to the Master bedroom. It's only about 3 feet wide. It's starting to look aged and discolored, thought i would try to put something different their if it has been done.
Thank You for any advise
Clermont
Clermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 06:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the group and I'm sure there are tons of different options for renewing the floors, so there should be lots of ideas.
Since decor on RV can vary so much, maybe throw out some ideas of what are priorities for you on the new floor.
Little things tend to become big issues when each of us think about the job, so what feels right for you?

Does the cleaning staff want easy clean solid surface like sheet goods or do you lean more toward replacing carpet with new? Maybe you have dogs that travel and want to avoid problem with hair or is it more that you want something the fvavorite buddy won't slip and slide on?

Do you need something firmly attached to avoid the trips that "more experienced" may want to avoid or do you favor something you can pick up and shake out?

See what I mean? Tons of options and I'm sure some of the good folks here have done it about any way possible!
One way I have done is to break up the area in different sections. Harder wearing stuff where traffic is heavy and softer where I like the feel of carpet? One advantage of this was that it saved a ton of money when money was one of the priorities. Three kids in college does that to you!
Big item was that I knew lots of construction folks who had remnants that were too small for many places but about right for the small sections of an RV! Free was always good! It was my wife's job to make things match!

So what do you like?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We replaced our carpet with commercial quality carpet tiles. I don't remember the exact size so they're 19" - 20" square, which makes for easy installation (no big pieces to cut to fit). If a tile gets damaged (buy extra), they're easy to replace. We used double-sided carpet tape to install them and it's going strong after three-plus years. The hardest part of installation was removing all the staples from the old carpet.

Aside from easy installation, we like it because it's easy to keep clean with it's short nap, is still nice on bare feet, is sound absorbing but isn't susceptible to scratching like many of the hard surface materials. We have luxury vinyl planks at home and they're relatively soft and susceptible to scratching.

We were also concerned about scratching from our slides. We have a dog and there's always a risk of a piece of grit on a hard surface that can be a problem.

We got ours from S&G carpet. It's available in a wide range of colors and design and is reasonably priced.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote