Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello everyone! Looking at Forza 34T

We have been looking at the Forza 34T. We are both retired but really want to see the world and travel with our two rescue labs.......
I'm a retired Wood Model Maker from Chrysler and my wife is a retired Mortgage Underwriter.........that's about it!

Looking forward to all the info I can gather on the Forza 34T.

Thanks,
Ron & Marianne
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Ron & Marianne,
The Forza 34T looks like a great floor plan. It isn't too big, and still is very livable.
What a fascinating career to have been a model maker at Chrysler. What sort of cars did you model? My favorite
Jay Leno's Garage episode was with Chrysler Turbine Car.
Hopefully, you won't need a Mortgage to buy the new Forza, but if you do, hopefully you can write your own ticket!
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 04-12-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Model Maker

We created the 3 dimensional partial model of Front Ends, Front Fascia's and Rear Fascia's. We also used Rapid Prototyping to develop additional parts for the engineers. Our models were wood, plastic and other prototype materials. It was a very interesting job. We worked on SEMA cars, Nascar's and Drag Racing Cars.......I miss work a lot.

Not sure if we can even afford a Class A. Just hoping!

Thanks for your interest.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi again Ron & Marianne,
One of the engineers at Boeing was evaluating an SLA-250, back when Stereolithography was new. So many changes over my lifetime.

When I think about how I was able to afford our purchase, it was a convolution of events. The 15% Timber Tariff was placed upon the Canadian lumber, and for the first time we could affordably log our timberland. Before the tariff, it would have been a break-even proposition to log. At that time, Winnebago was offering a double promotion in conjunction with Ford, and our little Minnie Winnie 22M was a super-good deal. Should we have waited for even higher timber prices, the motorhomes went up in price even more. In fact, mine now costs twice what I paid for it in November of 2018.

On August 30th, 2019, we saw the inversion ratio of the 2 year treasury bill divided by the 10 year treasury bill hit 1.007. An inversion ratio over one indicates that the currency will fail within a few years.

Today, that same inversion ratio is super-low, at just 0.096, and was even as low as 0.081 on February 19th of this year. I believe this indicates we are entering a period of maximum market rate manipulations.

In a philosophical sense, I believe we are going around the financial world in 80 days. If I only had a crystal ball, I might be able to give some good advice. I believe when we reach our financial departure point, there will be celebrations. In the mean time, everybody has to do the best they can.
Thanks, Eagle5