Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
2020 View 24D

From ‘20 Pleasure Way Lexor to ‘20 View 24D

My wife and I were excited a year ago to pickup our new PW Lexor FL Class B. We have Rv’d for much of our lives with towables and a class c but the last 10 years or so we opted for a cabin by the lake in Wisconsin’s Northwoods. Now in retirement, we decided to sell the cabin and hopefully up our travels. Sadly, the Lexor was a big mistake. Sleeping was difficult, the rooftop air conditioner was extremely loud, and getting around with an 80# Golden Retriever next to impossible—especially at night going to the bathroom. After 5 months we sold it and ordered our View last December.

It arrived at the dealer the first day of our Illinois lockdown but we waited 6 weeks before collecting. We finally picked it up May 1 from our Rockford, IL dealer Winnebago Motor Homes. It is sweet! Plenty of room and we hope a comfortable, quiet sleep. We’ve loaded it but moved into storage until restrictions are eased a bit more. I have 2 questions:

1). We ordered with the factory installed EQ leveling jacks. We put the View in storage 2 days ago and I went over today and started the Chassis engine. As I did, the alarm went for the jacks indicating they were down. I did not lower the jacks previously. I retracted the system at the panel and the alarm shut off. Do these jacks slip a bit, especially when new? Could it mean a leak in the hydraulic system?
2). I’m not finding a good location for the sewer hose. I have it stored in outside storage under the slide out on the driver side. Just now, that is fine as it hasn’t been used and is nice and clean. How do you handle hose storage? Is there a bag system I could put the hose in after use? Have you installed a hose storage caddy under the rv?

Thanks for your suggestions. We’re eager to start this chapter.

Jim (& Linda) (&Max the Retriever)
2020 View 24D
Huntley, IL
jimservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Jim,
#1) I did a site-search using leveler leaking view. One interesting result is Lippert Leveling System and Jack Down light.
#2) I use a Rubbermaid tote with lid, to store my sewer hoses and elbow. Quick & easy, and that way they are sealed-off from other items.
Thanks, Eagle5