Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2024, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Advice on sun damaged decals 2003 Minnie Winnie 31

Greetings! I am a new member who just purchased a used 2003 31 foot Minnie Winnie. I wanted to replace the outside decals but I cannot find a supplier that carries older decals.

The inside of the motorhome is like new. However, the outside shows its age. Any suggestions???

Cindy
SoCalRVfan
cproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Possibly have a local sign shop duplicate something similar for you. Get rid of them and run without them—or possibly a vehicle wrap. Our friend has a full wrap on his motorhome advertising some business venture, I believe the business paid for the wrap and gave him something in addition.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I’m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
possibly have a local sign shop duplicate something similar for you. Get rid of them and run without them—or possibly a vehicle wrap. Our friend has a full wrap on his motorhome advertising some business venture, i believe the business paid for the wrap and gave him something in addition.

Aaron

thank you, aaron!
cproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When we needed to do that, we got mixed results. We were able to get what we need from one of the online Winnebago parts dealers who had the info needed to make them. However it was around $200 for the decals on one part of one side!

We checked local and could get them made but without guarantee that they would cover exactly as they were making them with "best guess" measurements!
That meant that when we took the old off, it wasn't necessarily true that the faded portions were going to match the new decals! Maybe better to say the " unfaded" parts that stuck out from under the new!

So we bit the bullet and went for the "OEM" drawn ones and were glad we did as there was no way we were going to get them laid on in exactly the way the faded parts needed. We got close is all we could really say!

But we also settled on not doing any more and sold before it became a major question!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I guess it would depend on how bad your graphics are as to what you end up doing.

On my 07 the graphics were faded and starting to crack. I found this great product from McKees that has brought back the new looking. It could not fix the cracks but it did keep the graphics from getting any worse. I put it on the graphics twice a year.

McKees Vinyl Decal and Graphic Restorer, just maybe something to look into depending on the condition. https://mckees37.com/collections/maxs-rv-care
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice