Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2023, 09:16 PM   #1
cjb
Winnebago Watcher

Advance Trac and more 2021 Adventurer 36Z

My apologies if this is long but I need direction.
I bought a used 2021 Adventurer 36z april 2023, 12k mile from Camping World (never again). This unit had been on their lot since October of 2022. When I took it on a test drive right near the end the Advance Trac service light came on. Sales guy had no clue. So to close the deal they agreed to repair and pay for any cost to repair this issue, and they put it in writing, OK. Nothing stuck out during the walk thru
It was at the "repair shop" for a week and they had no idea. "wheel sensors"
"computer" yada. We had a trip planned the next week . The advance trac warning disabled, hill assist, abs and cruise control. They agreed it was safe to drive but I wouldnt have those features. OK so I pick it up from the shop and we pack up.
1- the fridge doesnt cool
2- after being on the road fifteen minute or so the levelers start alarming "retract time out"
3- and of course the advantrac warning is still on.

Its a sunday so next morning I call CW and talk to the sales guy and service guy and Im livid. the fridge doesnt work the leveler are alarming and the adbvance trac is off.

Keep in mind I have had this unit in my possession 24hrs.

In the end I had to replace the fridge myself because as the manager said
" I dont know when it stopped working. It was working when we got it" so implying it broke in the 24hrs it sat outside my house. I didnt think of opening the fridge at the time of walk through so my fault, I guess.

As far as the levelers, they were going to have to order "parts"
This is almost 6wks later! Now I am getting ready for our 10 trip and theyAdvance trac is fixed but I forgo getting the levelers fixed (they were working just alarming). OFF I go, within 15min the advance trac warning light comes on again. On and Off the whole trip. On return CW says to just take it back to the repair shop off site. So I do, its been 8wks, they think they fix it then something else happened. An " engine misfire", they change all the spark plugs and wires. Then today an "unknown" error comes up on their scan again r/t the speed sensor. They work on it and nothing. The rep from the shop says Ford is no help. their engineers havent figured it out!! Ford has actually bought back some of those units but that's not an option for me since it was used when I bought it.

What the hell!!! Always buyer beware but geez! I leave for Palm Springs next week for a month. Props to Winnebago the unit drives nice and i really like it which is why I spent the bucks. But now I feel like I totally got shafted
and Im stuck with a unit that I like but cant be fixed. The repair shop has been very forthright unlike CW who wont return calls. They agreed to winterize it at CW's expense.

I am a 63yo woman, widow with amazing friends I travel with, who help me at the drop of a hat. Im pretty proud to be able to drive this rig well and set up by myself. But this this just sucks!

Advice anyone? Without judgment would be great.
cjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 06:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

No judgment, but definitely sympathy. Sounds like leaving CW is the best option.
I can't imagine the jack alarm going off constantly. It's annoying enough when leveling.
My Advance Trac turns off every once in a while, maybe three times in 15K miles, normally when we hit a major pothole. Comes back on when we restart the engine. Happened in my F-150, too. I did have the dealer check that one, but they couldn't find anything.
If it was my coach, I would try to find a dealer/independent shop for both the chassis and the coach. Hard to do if you don't already have one, but possible.
The jacks would be the RV repair shop, as would the fridge. The AT the Ford repair place. Should be plenty of mobile RV techs in PS area.
Good luck and God bless. You are a bad ass woman! We've been blessed to meet many on our travels!
Old 10-18-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I also can relate to the Advance Trac issue. 2022 Adventure 29b. Bought new and was leaving selling dealership on a windy day. In less than 15 miles the Advance Trac light came on. I pulled off the road and called service department from the dealership I just left. Service advisor said it was a Ford known issue, and Ford was working on a fix. Service advisor said it was an issue with the wind and my quick steering adjustments. Fast forward and the coach has been to Ford service for plug wires and Advance Trac. A couple thousand miles later and all is well! Ford service said they performed an update to Advance Trac system.
Mr Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 03:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Be aware you have two things going on here.

Your "Chassis" is made and warrantied by Ford. They are responsible for fixing, under a 3-year 36,000 mile warranty the engine, drivetrain, brakes, etc of your motorhome.

CW and fix it if they want - but its really FORD that is responsible for everything drive train related. You should be dealing with Ford for the Advance Trac and spark plugs etc. Those are chassis items.

The "house" part of your motorhome is what Winnebago is responsible for. However, since you purchased it USED that changes things. You can go anywhere to get the RV repaired. You don't have to use Camping World.

So, keep all of this in mind.

Also, some items in your motorhome have a 2-year warranty from that item's manufacture. For example, your Coach A/C system is warrantied for 2-years by Coleman-Mach, assuming that's the brand of A/Cs you have on your roof. I don't know what branch of fridge you have... could be Dometic, could be something else. But that too could be covered under a warranty with the manufacture

The leveling system is an RV thing... not a Ford thing. You'll simply need to get to an independent RV repair shop, or get a mobile repair tech to come to you.

If you are anywhere near Iowa... you can always go the the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA to have them repair the motorhome part of your RV.
Old 10-18-2023, 05:02 PM   #5
cjb
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you
I bit the bullet because I love the time I have with my friends when we travel. Im always the 3rd wheel but that’s OK 😊I just hate getting played. I like to give the benefit of the doubt but Camping World has shown their true colors. I will let them keep spending the money at their offsite shop. The shop is winterizing my rig and charging them

CJ
cjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, adventurer