Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD Owner

I am a new owner of a 2005 Vectra 36RD, just purchased this week. This used motorhome seems to be in fairly good shape, only issue is a left rear bedroom slide that doesn't extend smoothly but retracts with no issues. I live in Calgary, Alberta. Provincial law requires that I have an 'Q' airbrake endorsement before I can drive the motorhome or else I may have the motorhome impounded and be fined.

Over the last 48 years we have progressed from a tent to two tent trailers, followed by three Fifth Wheel trailers with the last one being a 34 foot Crossroads Cruiser. Looking forward to getting a few more years of travel with this motorhome. A whole new opportunity for learning new skills and new operating procedures. Hopefully cross border travel restrictions will soon be lifted so we can travel south for the winter.
billyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Billy,
With four slide-outs, that 36D is a regular Chinese puzzle box. Glad the other three work well. I wonder if it just needs a little lubrication? I do like Tri-Flow; maybe that would help?
A Q license, right? Sounds like the department of motor vehicles was watching too many Star Trek - The Next Generation shows.
Yes, let us hope the border opens up soon. So many folks like to tour back and forth. Being in Washington, I would like to head-up north too.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-04-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I had a 06 Vectra 36RD with a similar issue.
Check the glide shoes underneath the slide to see if they are bent, broken or missing.
Bob Bey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Although the HWH manual says no lubrication is necessary, a quick shot of dry lubricant for slides solved the problem. That slide is now my fastest and quietest operating slide.
billyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago