Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2003 Winnebago Journey check engine light on

Hi everybody, I'm new to the site. My name is Dave. I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey 32'. It has a 300 hp 5.9 isb motor. My check engine light came on and I'm trying to determine what the problem is. I know on normal vehicles you can put a code reader on a plug under the dash. I have no idea where it would be on this coach. Does anyone know where to hook up the code reader, and where would I find out what the code means? Thanks!
nofunRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Dave,
Actually, getting your RV to work is half the fun, right? I found this thread which matches your situation perfectly:
Need help with 2003 Journey 32t Cummins engine
So, "nofunRV" is your moniker? I remember back in college, I wrote to my dad when lack of funds was crimping my style and said this:
No Mon
No Fun
Your Son

my dad wrote back with this note:
Too Bad
So Sad
Your Dad

Remember, things could always be worse!
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
P.S. If all else fails, you can always disconnect the computer (ha-ha)
Old 10-12-2022, 03:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

As for where the plug is. On my 07 Meridian its about half way down the steering wheel shaft on the left side. Can not help on what the codes mean. I know my engine light was coming on and off had it check turned out to the a EGR value issue.

Welcome to the forum, For future post it may help if you put your rig information in the signature block
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, winnebago, journey, engine