Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-01-2024, 09:20 AM   #1
New to Winnebago

What's this & other questions 2006 Minnie Winnie M30V

I just bought a 2006 minnie winnie and I have questions.
I cannot fiqure out how to get the surround sound speakers to work. I am getting sound out of one, but not all. Is there a switch r setting I am not aware of?

My second question regards something on my roof that I can’t figure out what it is. I is located at the drivers side front. Can anybody help me? Please see attachment, as I can’t figure out how to insert picture into post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	188428  
Skipudude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Maybe antenna for XM radio?
One big point when posting and maybe some help on picture posting?
We often want to look at drawings to actually know more and that leads to delay in response if we don't get enough info on exactly which RV you have. Often we have folks using "minnie winnie" as just what they think of as their small winnie!
The problem is that there are LOTS of small RV which different folks may call a minnie winnie while the real name is a specific RV that Winnebago builds!

See the problem here?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

But no big thing as I'm pretty sure without looking that you do have the sat. antenna.
But if it was something more complex, we would be wasting a bit more of your time while we ask?
No big thing when only wondering but if you are out on a trip and want to know something more important like how to restore power to the RV, it can be a bummer to slow things down while we get the needed info to help!!

So moving on from fussing about the new folks??

When wanting to add a picture in the post, go "advanced", find paperclip above box, find file on your computer, choose and upload. That will attach at end of post but if you want it in the middle of post, go back to post, write anything, then click curser at location you want picture in post and then go back to paperclip to select which picture to add at that point.
Normally the pic goes at the bottom but if you want it in the middle, pick that point first, then select it?

Good luck on the new RV and welcome to the group!!
Winnebago home site with links to lots of info, manuals, drawings, etc. !
Check under the owners tab?
https://www.winnebago.com/
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:53 AM   #3
Site Team

That roof top item is either a Sirius XM radio antenna or a GPS Antenna if you have navigation built in to your "stereo" system.

One thing, with an 18-year old new-to-you RV there are plenty of things that a previous owner changed, added, broke, etc. So, all bets are off about your surround sound speakers.

The place to start is looking in your Operator's Manual. There you'll find plenty of instructions for things that were in operation when the RV was new, but not necessarily as it sits now.

Here's an online PDF of your 2006 Minnie Winnie m30v Operator's Manual:

https://winnebago.com/Files/Files/Wi...nnieWinnie.pdf
Old 03-01-2024, 12:57 PM   #4
New to Winnebago

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. I looked at the wiring diagram link and I agree that the picture show the satellite hookup.

The surround sound speakers are original. I just do not know how to get them to work. Would I use the vcr, original tv, or possibly the cab radio to set the balance? I’m thinking that maybe the previous owner turned them off somehow rather than them being broken.

Thank you for any help.
Old 03-02-2024, 04:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

When my speakers stopped working it turned out to be corroded contacts on a switch. A shot of plastic-safe contact cleaner and moving the selector back N forth restored the sound.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #6
New to Winnebago

Thank you for your assistance.
Where would this switch be? I’ll look at the speaker conntacts to see if they are corroded.
Again, thanks