Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Happy Camper

Road Assistance Insurance

We are looking into purchasing some Road Insurance for our 2015 Itasca Sunova. Other than Good Sam insurance, what other options are there?
BeckyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm assuming you're thinking about road hazzard insurance.

I ran into that question when we upgraded to a class A. Before we had a class C which would have been easy to have a wrecker tow to just about anywhere that does regular vehicle repair. Not the case anymore. I drive an older MH and was unable to find coverage from AAA or Good Sam. Just to old. I have comp and collision with American Family and for an additional $75/year was able to get...

Towing Coverage (200 mile limit, once per year I think).
Pull-out towing if your stuck and 50 ft. from blacktop.
Gas Delivery Service
Tire Changing Service (your jack, your spare)

I really don't think its enough but its what I could get and the price seems decent. I'd suggest speaking with your insurance company and maybe they could offer something along those lines.

I'll be following this thread.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Coach Net, AAA (may not be available in all states), Family Motor Coach Association (requires additional membership).

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have the AAA RV Plus membership, apparantly have had it for years.... I just got our RV, I don't know why I have have this level before now. I won't go there. Our coach is a 31' Class C

I haven't had to use it for our RV, hoping I never have to. But for cars I have used it a couple of times and it saved my bacon. This last summer I was in the middle of New Mexico miles away for civilization and my friends car that I was in had his transmission crap out. I was able to climb to the top of a mountain to get signal and called AAA. They came out and towed it to the nearest town that was 50 miles away. Fully covered and no issues. Normally a car AAA you get like 5 miles towing or something like that and the 5 miles is from where the tow truck is dispatched from. So the bill would have been huge.

I would be interested to see a real world breakdown between AAA RV Plus and Good Sam Road Side to see which is better. Or others.
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote