Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2023, 10:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Inverter Install in Minnie 2630MLRK

Bought a new Winnebago trailer 2 months ago and am interested in installing an inverter. The main use will be television and Starlink, each about 75 watts, without powering the generator all the time. The cords that came with the trailer include a 50 amp plug, 30 amp plug and an adapter for the 30 amp to allow plugging into a regular outlet. Initially my thought was to hard wire in a Victron or Go Power 2000 watt inverter/charger, but maybe with my limited needs, a less expensive and easier alternative would be one of the smaller, less expensive pure sine wave inverters that come with standard plug ins, using the 30 amp to regular plug in adapter. The converter breaker would need to be off when using the inverter, but it would seem to be a simple way to power all the AC circuits without having to run new wiring for a hard wired installation. I recognize the wattage limitations. Battery bank is 200 amp hours Battle Born lithium. Appreciate any thoughts.
spark2811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:58 AM   #2
Site Team

Actually, you don't want it to be connected to anything related to your shore power cord/input. You want to install it separately connected directly to your house battery. You can install it near the battery, or near the converter charger to use the 12v battery connections there.

Then power your devices off the receptacle on the inverter itself.

I get it you're trying to simplify things by using your shore power cord, but there are far too many things powered off of your shore power connection.

It's certainly more work to hard wire the inverter and it's loads, but it will be a super simple job for an independent or mobile tech to take care of for you and you'll be so glad you did in the long haul.

Tags
inverter, install