Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Idiot of the Day Award

So we're still getting used to our "new to us" 2016 Sunstar LX 27n. And the other day I was showing a friend through our new toy and was in the bedroom and went to turn on the TV. It didn't come on. Tried the remote, nope, tried the side switch, nope. Said hmmm, and moved on. So this morning I decided to go and troubleshoot it. Swung the mount out from the wall, pulled the screws from the back and put it down on top of the dresser. Found the power input and checked the voltage, nope, no 12V. As I was standing there I glanced up and there, above the power outlet is a switch that says "TV". Turned it on and low and behold, the TV comes on. Dumb. Obviously, we haven't tried to use the bedroom TV since buying our MH. There's probably a lesson here somewhere...
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Don't get me started!!!

There are two principles. WAG and SWAG. WAG is a Wild *(@ Guess and if you read the manual it is a SWAG is a Scientific Wild A#) Guess.

WAG is so much fun.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Think I got you beat

So I go to jump in the shower this morning sometime after the wife had taken hers.

Usual ritual - no changes - nothing out of the ordinary.

Its worked fine for the 2 years we've owned the rig.

I turn the valve on and---- NOTHING-nada- not a single drop of water! First thought was they were working on the lines in the campground. Just to check I step across the hall in my birthday suit to part 2 of the bathroom and try the sink. Works fine. Hot and cold water.

At this point I am nearing full panic. I am envisioning major plumbing repair. At that moment I begin to recall that WBGO told me they designed the Adventurers so I could easily remove the tanks-- I knew that would be quite a job but somehow in my mind I was going to get to wherever the kink in the line was and restore water to that shower!

As blood pressure and anxiety continued to rise and I began to seek work clothes. There was no doubt that within the next few minutes there was to be a massive overhaul initiated of the entire motorhome to seek out and restore water service to the shower head. It would no doubt have involved removal of walls, floors, doors and whatever needed to gain access to the contributing restriction.

I then reached up- and flipped that little switch on the bottom of the shower head---THAT NO ONE EVER USES IN OUR MOTOR HOME--- and voila! Water immediately flowed as normal like Niagara Falls!

(The investigation continues as to who shut the water off on the shower head switch- no resolution at this time, but evidence indicates there was only one other person in the rig this morning and you know who she was!)

As the DW is not aware of this debacle I ask that you not tell her lest she fall to the floor and succumb to a massive laughing attack along with the associated ridicule of me that will surely follow once she finds out.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote