Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I am having problems with my gas furnace in my 2005 Adventurer. When the weather gets "cool" above 30 degrees F the furnace will work just fine. However, when the temp goes into the below 30 degrees F the burner will not ignite --- I can hear the igniter working and the fan will come on for a few minutes but the furnace will not ignite.

I have had the unit looked at by two different Winnebago service facilities more than 4 times and the problem still is there. I have called Customer Service at Winnebago at Forest City and was informed that they will take care of the problem thru an authorized dealer.

This problem became evident 3 months after purchase. All of the other gas applicences work as they should.

I am baffeled and frustrated! Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you take care of it?

Thanks for any and all comments!!

Kent
Toole'n Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I am having problems with my gas furnace in my 2005 Adventurer. When the weather gets "cool" above 30 degrees F the furnace will work just fine. However, when the temp goes into the below 30 degrees F the burner will not ignite --- I can hear the igniter working and the fan will come on for a few minutes but the furnace will not ignite.

I have had the unit looked at by two different Winnebago service facilities more than 4 times and the problem still is there. I have called Customer Service at Winnebago at Forest City and was informed that they will take care of the problem thru an authorized dealer.

This problem became evident 3 months after purchase. All of the other gas applicences work as they should.

I am baffeled and frustrated! Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you take care of it?

Kent
Old 12-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toole'n Along:

Kent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kent,

The furnace draws more wattage then many of the other appliances so your problem could be your batteries, electrical or charging system and not the furnace. Does this happen while on shore power and when running the generator or just when you are running on batteries only? It could also be something as simple as a loose or corroded ground connection.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I see you are from Florida. Are you using butane or propane?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Run your problem by Surburban. These kinds of problems can be extremely difficult to diagnose.

We had an intermittant problem with the AC unit that only occured (sometimes) during a unique set of circumstances. RVP wound up replacing the entire unit thanks to intercession from Winnie. So far so good.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

sounds like a propane problem, maybe your not getting enough pressure at the lower temperatures.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all of the comments!!!!!

I have the problem on shore power, gen set power, and batt power.

The fuel is propane.

I'll try the furnace manufacturer since I have not received any satisfaction from Winnebago.

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Kent
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I have contact Suburban and Winne. Received very polite interest but absolutely no assistance. Both said take to service facility and get it fixed. No assistance with the $$$ associated with the diagonis and/or repair.

So much for the manufacturs helping with problems. They are standing behind their products --------- w aaaa y behind!!!

Thanks to all the iRV2 members who provided ideas. The problem is still with us.