Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

After the five day marathon Easter week with our punch list getting worked on, we had several little left-over things that needed attention (see the earlier post.)

Winnie was really very accomodating and my hat's off to them for working us back in to their very busy schedule at my choice of dates .

We thought two days would be good to work out the remaining little problems and that turns out to be a good guess. We are now finished with our second day of FC Part II, and Winnie has done well

Our newly-sliding door from the LR to the bath area (after Winnie replaced the door in FC Part I) doesn't slide open anymore while underway.

All of the other things have been fixed except for the cabinet doors above the gally sink that were different heights and a door awning that we are waiting on parts for. TWICE Winnie ordered new doors from Charles City and TWICE they shipped doors that were designed for the TV cabinet. Bernie, our service advisor was really perplexed and didn't understand why we were 0 for 2. Could be that the part numbers are hosed up either on the drawings or in the inventory. Bernie got the parts supervisor involved, so it will be interesting how this turns out.

I'm extremely pleased at how everything has progressed and the coach is now in great shape (except for being filthy). We'll be outta' here probably next Tuesday morning and heading west on I90.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

After the five day marathon Easter week with our punch list getting worked on, we had several little left-over things that needed attention (see the earlier post.)

Winnie was really very accomodating and my hat's off to them for working us back in to their very busy schedule at my choice of dates .

We thought two days would be good to work out the remaining little problems and that turns out to be a good guess. We are now finished with our second day of FC Part II, and Winnie has done well

Our newly-sliding door from the LR to the bath area (after Winnie replaced the door in FC Part I) doesn't slide open anymore while underway.

All of the other things have been fixed except for the cabinet doors above the gally sink that were different heights and a door awning that we are waiting on parts for. TWICE Winnie ordered new doors from Charles City and TWICE they shipped doors that were designed for the TV cabinet. Bernie, our service advisor was really perplexed and didn't understand why we were 0 for 2. Could be that the part numbers are hosed up either on the drawings or in the inventory. Bernie got the parts supervisor involved, so it will be interesting how this turns out.

I'm extremely pleased at how everything has progressed and the coach is now in great shape (except for being filthy). We'll be outta' here probably next Tuesday morning and heading west on I90.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Glad all seems to be going well and that you're a happy camper. Is it really busy there at the factory? We have a screeching slide that probably needs adjustment of some kind since it also is rubbing/scratching a line on the outside top. Make sense? Probably not.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Safest thing to do would be to call or email Owner Relations and try and set up an appointment...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Savannah:
Glad all seems to be going well and that you're a happy camper. Is it really busy there at the factory? We have a screeching slide that probably needs adjustment of some kind since it also is rubbing/scratching a line on the outside top. Make sense? Probably not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Like Bob says, call and make an appointment. I'm guessing Winnie is four to eight weeks out on appointments - I'll ask Monday to get a feel for the appointment interval. I do know they are the most busy in the spring and fall - six to eight weeks is a good number for those times.

We are lucky - some other major manufacturers are months out on factory service appointments.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks guys. I know I need the appointment just trying to get a feel for how busy or not it is there. We're in central Texas so will make the appointment and head north. Have some stuff to deliver to a storeroom there to be used for GNR anyway.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Yahoo - Winnie got us finished up today, all of the parts finally came in. (Cabinet [wood] products come from the Charles City plant location and apparently in spite of acres of parts inventory here in FC, they still need to hustle up some parts from vendors.)

We had hoped to be outta' here over the weekend, but it wasn't a big deal to stick around for another couple of days. We have had fun experiencing a wonderful small-town atmosphere and enjoyed visiting with other coach owners.

The service experience here has been really, really good - the service crew is a happy and capable bunch and Winnie has a well-oiled and effective process. They don't always get it correct 100% the first time, but I think that is the exception. There is never an issue with trying to make it right if you aren't satisfied, and I appreciate that attitude. We have met people that make it a point to stop by twice a year to get whatever is needed done (repairs or routine maintenance.) Repeat customers are great advertising

I asked Angela at the info counter about lead time for making an appointment in October, and she suggested if I wanted a specific date in October, I should call now. Winnie is still apparently busy into late fall.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Glad you were able to get the last of your warranty issues out of the way and are finally on your way north again....

Good job on hooking up Savannah with the right scoop on when to make the call....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote