Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

I think knowing how common this is in various states would let you know who likely it is that the officer who pulls you over in state X will know there's likely to be a problem.

As an aside, it seems bizarre to me that the states can't get these activities running again for the exceptions that need it. Appointments and Plexiglas would be seemingly all it would take. Obviously they couldn't do driving tests, but other than that . . ..
Old 07-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Well, I guess I'm going by the glass half empty. Would knowing stop one from traveling through a state where state officials don't know (or care) about other states?

Obeying all laws and regulations for any state should considerably reduce the risk of being stopped.

If stopped and a ticket issued, wouldn't contacting the issuing license state and sending their reply to the State Court where the ticket was issued in Arizona (or any other place) possibly satisfy the ticket requirements.

Wouldn't it behoove anyone thinking of traveling through any state to contact their own state and get written information on licenses expiring or automatically being extended during this "pandemic?" I sure would.

Getting it in writing would by my primary means.

Lots of variables and lots of solutions.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Found this for Arizona:
"
By Executive Order of Governor Doug Ducey the following extensions are in place:
  • Driver License renewal requirements are extended six months from the expiration date for all Arizona driver licenses and driving permits that expire between March 1, 2020 and September 1, 2020.
    For example, if a driver license expires on March 20, 2020, the new expiration date will be September 20, 2020.
  • Requirements to submit a medical clearance card for a commercial driver license are extended until September 1, 2020.
These deferred dates will be reflected on motor vehicle records for impacted people.
Customers do not need to obtain a duplicate credential. Your current driver license or ID card will be accepted by law enforcement and other government agencies under this Executive Order. If desired, customers may obtain a duplicate driver license or ID on ServiceArizona.com that will show the new expiration date. Duplicate credentials may not be ordered in an MVD office; however Authorized Third Party services may be available.
The extensions are designed for customer convenience and to limit in-person visits to motor vehicle offices."

Source: AZDOT

Simple, eh?
Old 07-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

We are all just kind of riding along on a fairy tale when they extend anything for six months. What is the plan for the rest of the time? If we had a shot on hand right now, it will take far more than six months to get a reasonable number of people shot up, so talk of six months is just avoiding talking about the truth.
320 million people and doing way big on shooting 500, 000 a day? Even if they work Sundays and holidays? 640 days!!!
This is not going to be over soon so they might as well quit trying to fool us!!!
WE ARE SCREWED!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Found this for Arizona:
"
By Executive Order of Governor Doug Ducey the following extensions are in place:
  • Driver License renewal requirements are extended six months from the expiration date for all Arizona driver licenses and driving permits that expire between March 1, 2020 and September 1, 2020.
    For example, if a driver license expires on March 20, 2020, the new expiration date will be September 20, 2020.
  • Requirements to submit a medical clearance card for a commercial driver license are extended until September 1, 2020.
These deferred dates will be reflected on motor vehicle records for impacted people.
Customers do not need to obtain a duplicate credential. Your current driver license or ID card will be accepted by law enforcement and other government agencies under this Executive Order. If desired, customers may obtain a duplicate driver license or ID on ServiceArizona.com that will show the new expiration date. Duplicate credentials may not be ordered in an MVD office; however Authorized Third Party services may be available.
The extensions are designed for customer convenience and to limit in-person visits to motor vehicle offices."

Source: AZDOT

Simple, eh?
Sure, and I knew all of that. The question had to do with what to do about traveling out of state where any policing authority might not know about the extension.

In the end I just did what I did not want to do - I and my mask went to one of the private Motor Vehicle operators and sat around with everyone else until I was able to get my license updated.

I decided that I could take a copy of the webpage information with me but I did not want to have to deal with a situation where the local authorities did not believe a printed piece of paper.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
WE ARE SCREWED!
I have believed for months that without a vaccine this thing is just going to work its way through the entire population. All of this talk about how we should still be sheltering in place really only means that we will drag out how long it takes for it to infect everyone.

Unless we are willing to turn the clock back about 300 years and return to an environment where people pretty much only live in one place and travel little the virus is going to finally get to most everyone. Some places are still mostly locked down, and they have very few infections, but when they open back up they will see the same increase we see now in states are are opening unless they physically prevent others from traveling to their location. I just don't think there is any solution short of a vaccine.

If it is true that immunity from recovering is only good for 3-4 months then people will be getting this again and again. Finally there will probably be a vaccine and there will be mass vaccinations - public and private schools will probably take care of that for those in school and workplaces will probably host them for those at work. I would be surprised if we did not reach an average of at least 1,000,000 a day initially (if the vaccine is available in sufficient quantities, which it probably will not be) and then it will trail off since the older folks, like me, are harder to reach.

It isn't a pretty picture, but there is the bright side that we don't really know how many people have gotten this and are asymptomatic. Perhaps that is 80% or higher as some studies have reported, so there will probably be an upper limit to how many get infected.

What I would really like to see is mass antibody testing to see how many people have been exposed but never suffered any symptoms. I don't see how that testing would really do me any good (other than knowing if we have been exposed), but it would give some indication as to what the asymptomatic rate really is.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:18 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
Sure, and I knew all of that. The question had to do with what to do about traveling out of state where any policing authority might not know about the extension.

In the end I just did what I did not want to do - I and my mask went to one of the private Motor Vehicle operators and sat around with everyone else until I was able to get my license updated.

I decided that I could take a copy of the webpage information with me but I did not want to have to deal with a situation where the local authorities did not believe a printed piece of paper.
AJMike, I did the very same thing you did for the same reasons. I planned to go out of state and would be driving with an out of date tag and an out of date license. I'd think a ticket would come down to the mood of the officer. There are some places along HWY 58 in Virginia that absolutely PREY on drivers. Their isn't a strong revenue source for their area and they depend on the revenue off of tickets. This is a fact and it still goes on. You'll see police cars working both sides of the road for about 75 miles.

This is why I made sure to get updated as soon as our local office opened back up. I cannot imagine having to deal with municipality regulations over the phone and trying to clear this irregularity. Good luck with that.

Also, I agree that this will probably have to run its course through society to bring closure.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
To me, personally, that is off topic. It puts a "spin" on this thread that others are going to reply to specifically and eventually Arizona will be out of the equation.
Wayne, this is how Forums work. One person starts it... and it goes wherever it goes. Which is why there are no rules prohibiting “off topic” posts.

It might be frustrating at times, but it is fair game. Ironically, posting about it is equally off topic.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:08 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Wayne, this is how Forums work. One person starts it... and it goes wherever it goes. Which is why there are no rules prohibiting “off topic” posts.

It might be frustrating at times, but it is fair game. Ironically, posting about it is equally off topic.
It may well be frustrating at times, but it is usually interesting and occasionally informative as well.

I commented about Arizona but I ended up finding out about a lot of other places and how they are handling this, and I thought those comments were worthwhile.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:31 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post

Our RVing world is, of course, part of the American society and is subject to all it has to offer, both good and bad. By and large I believe RVers as a group are definitely a cut above average because we recognize and accept the responsibilities to ourselves and others to operate safely.

But that said, its disappointing to see that some have pretty rigid attitudes and are not always respectful or tolerant of others.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
Our RVing world is, of course, part of the American society and is subject to all it has to offer, both good and bad. By and large I believe RVers as a group are definitely a cut above average because we recognize and accept the responsibilities to ourselves and others to operate safely.

But that said, its disappointing to see that some have pretty rigid attitudes and are not always respectful or tolerant of others.
I'm not sure of whom you were referring to but since my name was in the quote you provided I went back and re-read all of the posts I made and I didn't see anything disrespectful to anyone. It's not in my nature to post disrespectful information on any poster.

I had thought that I was helping the original poster, but further in I see from his comments that that was not the case.

Sorry that it turned out as a battle of words.

Everyone please have safe travels.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Regarding the original post, keep in mind that the cop/trooper stopping you out of state is probably in the same situation as you. She/he couldn't renew their driver's license for the same reason in their own state. They will understand and there won't be a problem.
dhuse is offline   Reply With Quote