Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hi
We are fulltiming in our Sightseer and are delighted with it but, think we may want something bigger.
As we are in the UK nothing over 35'
It is allmost impossible to view these modells so your advice would be very helpfull.
We are looking at a 2008 Voyage 32H and a 2006 Tour 34H.
There are 2 of us and 2 Asations.
Regards
Tel
tel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi
We are fulltiming in our Sightseer and are delighted with it but, think we may want something bigger.
As we are in the UK nothing over 35'
It is allmost impossible to view these modells so your advice would be very helpfull.
We are looking at a 2008 Voyage 32H and a 2006 Tour 34H.
There are 2 of us and 2 Asations.
Regards
Tel
Old 12-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Tel and welcome to the forum - its a great site for help and advice.
We are looking into rving too and have had some great advice off here. There are so few places in UK to look at MH of these sizes, we are off to the states thursday to look at some - there is a place in Oxford called Dudleys who have some units for sale, check there site http://www.dudleys-rv.com/classa/ and see if there is any of interest.
Also, dont forget to let our American friends know how your doing with fulltiming in UK with pictures and places of interest.
Have loads of fun and let us know how your getting on, I have a personal interest too
Happy trails Tel and family

Paul
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hello Tel999.The 34H in 2006 is a Journey,not a Tour.I placed an order for a new 2008 Voyage 32H a few weeks ago.I now have a 2004 Sightseer 30B,which I am very happy with.It is just me the wife and my princess, the dog.For me,the 30B was plenty big enough.I only use it,maybe,12 weeks a year.I only got ichie for a new unit to go a step up on the looks of the interior,but really liked the full wall slide out on the 32H,which makes the inside seem bigger.The 32H is only 9 inches longer than 30B.I do not know a thing about the 2006 Journey 34H,other than it is a deisel,and I have yet to see a diesel unit that I did not like!I don't know if it is important to you,but the 32H has only 71.4 cu. ft. of space in the basement compartments,you being a fulltimer.
I bet that if you post'ANY 34H JOUNEY OWNERS'you will get all the help and pictures you need! Are there Winnebago dealers in England?
PS what are 'Asations'
Whaler

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whaler:

PS what are 'Asations'
Whaler </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that was a typo and should be "alsations" which is what the British (and us Australians) call German Shepherds. Goes back to WW2 and a need to change the name to something less offensive for the time and situation.

Of course I may be wrong and it's the breed of lizard or cat or children.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Well, thank you and G'day mate!
Whaler

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

OOOOOps......Red face
Yes it should read Alsation, or German Sheppard.
Thanks for the advice so far. We really were looking for the 34' pusher, but the 32' looked such an interesting layout. You are correct I did not realise how small the storage is.
I would be glad to keep you updated. I will post some pics. We are off to Europe the middle of Jan so will report on our travells.
Thankyou all for your help.
Rgards
Tel
Old 12-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you're happy with the Sightseer and want to go bigger without going over 35 ft., then you might look at the Sightseer 34M. We have a 2005 Itasca Sunova 34A which is nearly the same floor plan and couldn't be happier with it. The opposing slides in the kitchen and salon really make for a lot of living space in the front. Plenty of storage space too. We have everything imaginable in it and still have about 1500 lbs available before we're at max GVW.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote