Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2023, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

A question of tolls?

We are being driven mad on the toll situation here in Texas!
It has been a full blown nightmare with billing and just a disaster for many folks who use the toll roads often.
When first moving here we just assumed that staying off the toll roads was the norm as that was what we were used to in our travels.
But then we found we occasionnally got on a section of toll accidently and the system here was so expensive to do the mail in payment, that we went with getting a transponder tag and auto pay only to fing that was not a solution as they fail to send us bills or deduct the correct amount for when we did use the toll roads. We had given them a credit card and they had it so messed up that we simply decided to drop the tag and go back to fighting when we did get on a toll road.
Just stopping was a full blown trauma as they failed to remove our car and tag from the system! We had a 2015 Focus and thought we had removed it from the system but charges kept showing on their billing and they billed the credit card when the $40 deposit ran low!

We now want to get a new tag for the new car but can't because we already "owe" 1.85 for a car we have not owned in several years! Wheil I check in on you folks, my wife is trying to resolve billing for things we don't own.
The problem is that we would like to now use toll roads, sometimes Texas, but more often Oklahoma and Kansas.

That brings the question of how billing and process works for cards from those states, which work on the Texas roads?

Are all state toll roads as messed up or might we be able to get an Oklahoma card and find better administration of billing? The Oklahoma turnpike has been at the game for a long time. Have they figured out how to handle billing? What about the Kansas follks? Can you pay the bill or does it take a full blown fight?

A little feedback please?

Note!
My wife is getting ready to go to an office to pay the $1.85, as they can't figure how to do it on Chrome without going into her settings--which she is not willing to do to pay one odd bill!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote