Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
Taking it as it goes

Winterizing the macerating grey water drain pump on the Navion?

I’ve been doing the winterizing deed on our 17 Navion for a few years now, but I’m never quite comfortable with feeling like I’ve gotten all the water out of the macerating grey water drain pump in this system that Winnebago used on this model. The macerating pump itself is virtually inaccessible. If I drain the tank using the pump until no water comes out, let the coach sit for a few hours and then activate the pump again, I will always get some more water out.

So, I’m curious as to what other similar Navion model owners are doing with regards to winterizing their macerating pumps other than flooding it with antifreeze?
Free Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not familiar with the system. Can you use compressed air? But whenever you're talking about a pump I think antifreeze is the solution. That's part of the reason why I run some through the water system pump after blowing the system out.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Keeping plumbing alive is always a bit of a game but it does look like they thought of that problem.
Have you been able to access the parts drawings to look how things are laid out on your RV? Lots of good things to look at here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
If you drill down far enough to get a look at the pump, it may ease your mind a bit as it seems to be tipped to drain and a port to get the last portion out of the line and pump. Looking through from the back, this is what they show. Looks like that should do the job?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017navion.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	175138  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, water, winter