Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Water Pump No Power 2001 Adventurer

I have a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer Workhorse 32 ft.... I de-winterized it to go camping but ended up not camping because I had a break failure.. The Water Pump worked when I de-winterized it.. I have not used the MH since I got it back from having breaks fixed.. So I went to winterize it & now the Water pump doesn't work..
If it's a fuse I have no idea where that fuse is as it doesn't appear to be in the fuses above the stove range hood.
Midnight528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the fourm

Maybe this winnebago link will help you locate the fuse, it maybe an inline fuse near the pump itself

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Also it will help with future posts if in the signature block you add information about your rig. This way folks can offer more sure help.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Since you have more than one switch, I might first try each switch to see if one works and the other not, but from there, to avoid chasing things that are not the problem, I would test to see if it is the ground or the power side which is not working.
There are two wires on the pump and one should be a white wire labeled JY and goes almost directly to a ground bar. The other should be yellow labeled JS and goes to the two switches to pick up power. Knowing which is not getting there makes sorting the problem much quicker.
No point in chasing the power side if it is the ground side which is not working.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

For more info, I am looking at the drawing for 12 volt here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...001/131748.pdf

The pump is located on sheet 2 at about 5H, with the switches at various places but the breaker seems to be on sheet 3 at A3. I got to that using the wire ID chart here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Hitting "cntl +f" brings a drop down for finding specific words, so inputting "water pump" then brings all the places where those words show up in the chart. Scanning down the list to item 9, that space says wire JA is from the breaker to the water pump as well as several other things. That let's us go to the breakers and spot the location for circuit JA!

If we have a wire that has the ID printed on the side, we can go to the chart and sort out what it does and where it comes "from" and "to".

The drawing also shows JY as going pretty straight from the pump to the ground bus bar but doing all the digging to find which is the problem, battery or ground, is quicker/easier if you first define which it is you need to chase as the power side does go through several plugs and connections which may make it hard to trace so avoiding that is good if you find it is not needed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire id copy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	181221   Click image for larger version

Name:	waterpump ja copy.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	181222  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags