Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I replaced my valve with a moen from Lowes that had pipe fittings that looked like the orignal. it's a bit hard to change from in the shower.(don't think there is an option unless you remove the refrigarator)the 5" hole was sharp on the edges but once I got the valve replaced the blood washed off with no problem. the plastic nuts that hold the lines on try to escape down behind the shower, I taped them to prevent that.also had to drill new mounting holes. the new valve adjusts the tempature much better and has an anti scald feature. 2000 itasca 36ft
herbtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I replaced the shower control valve in our
02 winnie. Mohen #82345, Polished Brass 1
handle posi-temp shower. I am thinking along
the line of 100> dollars.

Waynes World of Saving, Portland, OR.
Phone (503) 297-1338,WaynesWorldOfSaving.com
TENN.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:34 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Well I got my replacement parts from Moen today. Do not look anything like what is in the valve. So what they sent is of no value to me. Guess I will just replace the darn thing and get it over with. Wonder if Delta will work? Seams like all our Lowe's carries is Delta.
What they sent is Part 96988. Not even close to our shower valve insides.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

OK replaced my shower control valve today. Installed Moen 82681 $78.00 from Lowes. Got a few minor adjustments to make. ALso by takeing that big plastic panel off. Where you are suppose to store your shower things. It is a lot easier to wotk on. Everything is right out in the open. Even this 300# gorilla got his hands in there.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 06-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
OK replaced my shower control valve today. Installed Moen 82681 $78.00 from Lowes. Got a few minor adjustments to make. ALso by takeing that big plastic panel off. Where you are suppose to store your shower things. It is a lot easier to wotk on. Everything is right out in the open. Even this 300# gorilla got his hands in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tom! Will take note of this and fix my 35U! Will be great to be able to adjust the water easily.

Did you need anything "else" ..., i.e., stuff that didn't come with the control? I presume it all just screws on and there's no soldering? Lowes is a long way from us and want to try and get everything in one trip...not that there is ANY chance of that happening

Steve
Old 06-04-2006, 04:55 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

I took the old valve with me. Compared it to the new one. Also looked at Delta. The Moen valve has inter pipe threads (female) the Delta Valve had external (male threads). You will have to make some mods when you go to secure new valve so it does not move. Also need white silicone sealent to put panel back in. Prefit everything to make sure all lines up. We ended up with chrome fixture but no big thing to us. I just used the valve did not replace the shower head. We have a phone shower head.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 07-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I accidently broke off the knob on my factory shower control. Aside frome astetics with the knob off the remaining hardware acts like a joystick and getting the right temp has improved about 75%. Maybe not as good as the Moen but maybe worth a try until you get one

1997 Jeep Wrangler
hotrod 32 is offline   Reply With Quote