Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2023, 10:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Gray tank leak 2009 Journey 39Z

So in our Journey we have two gray tanks. One for he kitchen and one for the bathroom. I started o get water in my water control compartment. I finally found it was coming from he bathroom gray tank. It was seeping from the seem on the very top of the right side of the compartment. The issue was it isn't hurting anything like plywood etc I pulled off my white panel that the pump switch, light switch and the hook up for flushing the black tank. Thinking I could see better and gain access...no such luck?

So I pulled he panels from under he bathroom sink, inspection cover under shower and the bottom panel in the storage box under he bedroom drivers side window. No such luck again in seeing where he leak was. I can see the gray ank in the electrical bay with the transfer switch etc. However can not see he end of the tank no even from under he coach. One would think there would be a access panel ???

So I leave for Sturgis SD and decided to put a small drain hole in the plumbing bay. As long as the tank is either empty or is on full hook up I'm ok. Anyone have any insight on how to find the drain side of hat gray tank I am all ears
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Bump anyone ever had to get at the gray tank that is towards the rear of the water compartment. The gray water pipe comes in the compartment high on the rt side of the compartment. It leaks right at the wall and the pipe coming into the compartment. I can not find a access point to the tank? Should be under the shower between the shower door and the bathroom sink cabinet? Pulled draws out, inspection panel under shower and couldn't real find it under the coach?
Old 12-02-2023, 06:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

So now do you still suspect the tank is leaking or that pipe?? Is this leak continual or only when the tank is at some level between ½ and full?
If the pipe is the actual source, a strip of Flexseal tape is a semi-permanent patch.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 10:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Its wen the tank is a certain level it starts to leak. So maybe with in the first 4-6' of pipe closest or at the wall of the compartment coming in the back wall. I runs right down the wall o the compartment? I put a small drain hole in the compartment so it just runs out
Old 12-03-2023, 07:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

That sounds like the factory used a rubber connector or similar setup to connect that pipe to the tank flange. Is there room around that pipe to insert an inspection camera probe?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The problem is finding access to the bathroom tank. The drain pipe comes in up in the left upper corner as you look at the compartment. I looked under the shower and bathroom cabinet but cant see the tank. You also cant see it from under the coach ?? I have no ida on how to gain access to it
Old 01-26-2024, 03:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry was traveling and was out in Az for a month. I'm not sure because the tank access has not been found yet. You cant see it from under the coach. I pulled the draws out in the bathroom, access door on the shower bottom and the storage box on that side and nothing. So I may tackle it tomorrow since were back home and its in the 40's. At this point all I can see is where the pipe comes in my water compartment is where it runs down the back wall. This is when the valve is closed and what builds up behind the gate valve when closed

Tags
journey, leak, tank