Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2009 Journey 39Z sat system

So i bough a very clean 09 Journey and the old owner removed that Sat dish for being to tall for his garage. I noticed in the back cabinets above the wardrobe closet drivers side there is a bundle of RCA cables marked Sat system. I notice another set of RCA cable in the entertainment cabinet under the TV in by the dining table? Underneath that there is a Sat dish control panel.
Oh and also by those rear set of RCA there is a bunch of marked female RCA jacks built into that upper cabinet ??

Lol whats it all mean
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2009 Winnebago Journey 34Y. The original SAT system are outdated so at least you don't have to get it down off the roof. The original system had a 120 volt power brick somewhere that is no longer needed it provided power to the roof dish. New satellite systems provide power to the dish through the coax. If I remember correctly there are 2 coax coming off the roof. One for your front SAT receiver and one the bedroom SAT receiver.
I would suspect the RCA cables are just audio/video connections from SAT receiver to a television in that location. There is probably a set of identical RCA cables for the front television.
skitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I have a 2009 Winnebago Journey 34Y. The original SAT system are outdated so at least you don't have to get it down off the roof. The original system had a 120 volt power brick somewhere tLP hat is no longer needed it provided power to the roof dish. New satellite systems provide power to the dish through the coax. If I remember correctly there are 2 coax coming off the roof. One for your front SAT receiver and one the bedroom SAT receiver.
I would suspect the RCA cables are just audio/video connections from SAT receiver to a television in that location. There is probably a set of identical RCA cables for the front television.

Sorry for the slow reply and I put up a similar post in the gaget are. I havent gone on the roof but did look up ther and it was pretty clean. I seen a bunch of wires tapped up front. Plus there is a control head mounted in the coach 9762LP so i would imagine that would be abando. However those coaxes from the old sfstem will have to be re-routed
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey