Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fresh Water Tank not filling 2024 Minnie 2529RG

First time filling fresh water tank, 60 gallons, it only took about 10 gallons and started coming out the inlet on the outside. Also, the vent pipe filled with water. What could be wrong? The trailer is a 2024 Minnie 2529RG.
Butch2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Butch2017,
I would get a couple of five gallon buckets and drain your fresh water tank to see how many gallons you can get out of it. Yes, you should be able to drain-out 60 gallons, so if you only can drain-out 10 gallons, then something else is happening.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 06-10-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I drained about 14 gallons out of the tank. I blew the vent line out which seem to have something in it. I now believe I have been able to fill. In the middle if sanitizing. Hopefully that fixed it.
Butch2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Sounds good.
Can you check for any kinks in the vent line or kinks in the fill tube?
Old 06-16-2024, 07:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch2017 View Post
First time filling fresh water tank, 60 gallons, it only took about 10 gallons and started coming out the inlet on the outside. Also, the vent pipe filled with water. What could be wrong? The trailer is a 2024 Minnie 2529RG.
I have a 2108 DS Micro Minnie and had a similar problem. The problem was due to a twist in the vent tube coming from the water tank. When the tank was installed, the vent tube got twisted and there was a staple or screw that pierced the tube. The tech's at my local RV dealer found the problem and fixed it. I am not saying that is what is causing your problem but it might be worth having someone take a look at the vent tube.

Good luck and happy camping.

Bughawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 07:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch2017 View Post
I had a similar problem with a camper years ago. The vent pipe is filled with water which will not allow air to escape as you fill the tank. My solution was to use a piece of flexible hose several feet long that had no connection on the out flow end. Slide the hose down the filler pipe and hopefully into the storage tank. This will allow air to escape out of the filler tube along side the hose so pressure is not built up in the tank.
CABender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 02:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

2529rg

We just recently purchased a new 2023 Minnie 2529rg. The first time I tried to fill the fresh water tank, I opened the supply hose slowly and began filling, but it was spilling out of the fill port almost as much as what was going into the tank. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I opened the supply line (garden hose) all the way & voila, no more problem. Hope that works for you too!
atrancebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 09:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Butch 2017 - I had the same problem on our 2529RG. Here is what I found: The freshwater tank vent line, which is connected to the fill port, was getting water in it. I would clear it (blowing air through it) and everything would be fine until we traveled again. I lowered the coroplast near the freshwater tank and found that vent line is very poorly routed, causing it to dip below the fitting it is attached to on the freshwater tank, then climb again to pass under the shower on its way to the fill port. I raised the line and anchored it as best I could. In reviewing the situation, I concluded when traveling the tank can slosh water into that vent line, which wouldn't be a problem if the line remained higher than the tank.... We only use our freshwater tank occasionally so haven't explored a more robust fix. I'm guessing at some point WBGO solved this with better vent line routing - maybe not. One easy fix I'm considering is to considerably shorten that vent line and have it exit near the tank under the trailer. That way if water sloshes into it, it will immediately drain. I need to keep it sanitary and bug free if I do that, and haven't look at best options for that. Let me know if you have questions.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 06:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Enough mold can grow in this tubing to block it over a winter of storage.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 06:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

For some that could be what's happening. Ours never sat long enough for mold to explain the issue, and the problem would immediately reoccur after travel. At least for our unit, having laid eyes on the hose routing, it's a "low point" problem on the vent hose...
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water, tank