Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2023, 07:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Basement bay Plumbing leak 2014 Sightseer 35G

2014 Sightseer 35G. I have water leaking out of the light fixtures in the bays under the large driver’s side slide when connected to city water. I took out the panels under the kitchen sink and can’t find a leak. How does the plumbing in the slide out connect to the stationary plumbing? Is there a retracting spool for the water lines? How do I access the plumbing? We’re 2000 miles from home on the Oregon coast. We need water.
HowieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 08:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

One first stop is to decide if it is a drain leak that may take some time to wander out to be seen, or a supply line leaking.
If it only leaks when connected to pressure, that leans toward a supply line but do give it some thought? Dirty and smelly or perhaps just wet?

Then there is a really great too in the interactive parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

You will need to know some more details on the specific rV to get whether early or late build or dates for the specifcc drawings for you. There should be alabel near the driver's left side? That should give a date of your build. Or the 7th digit of the Winnebago serial number is also a tell for this. A 7th digit of 1 is early with 7th digit of 2 is later in the year!

That lets you choose the correct one for you without leaving so many alternate options to consider!

Once you are in the correct model and date, there are options for all the different sections like plumbing and supply or drain.

But once there you can turn it, zoom, flipp or most anything you need to see where things are placed!

Hint on use? When you want to keep a point on the drawings centered as you move or zoom, go to bottom left corner, before zooming too far and click on the + icon, then click on a part to keep it centered!
Example:
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumb.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	187169

Lots of good info there but this is a random choice, so verify before trusting!
There is also the section for drains.

Best of luck to you as water can get tricky when it runs different places when the RV tips!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 08:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I finally found the leak. It was the connection to the toilet. Why it only leaked occasionally I have no idea. I merely tightened it by hand and it stopped leaking. . No water in the basement since. It was a slow drip, every 3-4 seconds, that dripped through the hole where the line came through the floor. That’s why I never saw the leak.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the report. Often we throw in ideas and never know if it was any help or even shooting in the right area! I se my first thought was not correct but I'm also very aware that water does strange things and RV are among the worst.
At least in the sticks and bricks setting the level doesn't change every time we park in a new spot!
Carry on and enjoy!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks

I’m always happy with responses to issues/problems I encounter involving my motorhome. Thank you.

Tags
leak, sightseer, plumbing