Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Passthru Doors Leak

Hello All

The front Pass-thru Doors on my 2017 2106FBS leak and the paneling trim inside has come loose.

Has anyone had experience doing something to seal the openings so they don't leak. Winnebago doesn't use a proper rubber gasket here like on the slide only a build up of rubber sealant.

Thanks
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

We have a "new to us" 2017 2250DS with the same problem. The doors seem to seal much better if the latch and lock are turned. I haven't been able to find where water may be coming around a door seal. You might look from the inside for light leaks around a sealed door.
Hortguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Winnebago doesn't use a proper rubber gasket here like on the slide only a build up of rubber sealant.
I'm not familiar with the term "Pass-thru" but suspect they're the doors to the front storage compartment. I'm assuming you're not the original owner. Are you sure this is factory and not a fix by a prior owner?

Given the geometry of the door it should be fairly simple to remove the sealant and install some proper weatherstripping. You could get it from Winnebago or there are numerous options online:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2017...h=617&biw=1309
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I had a similar issue with an outdoor kitchen door. I added another layer of rubber gasket I bought on Amazon ON TOP of the existing gasket which made for a tight seal. I also added some gasket not where the door meets the coach wall when shut, but between the door and the opening on the side where there was a gap.
I put a bright light inside the outdoor kitchen and night and shut the door. It was easy to see where the light shown through.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:35 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Sorry my bad,

Yes the passthru (front compartment).

I took a closer look the compartment door opening it is a rubber seal but flattened out, thus passing a little water.

The Water heater door has a cauking seal (see attached) and not a pretty one at that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heater_Cauking[1].jpg
Views:	71
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	182395  
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The aluminum inside flange framing that secures the rubber seal bends very easily. I’ve bent it inadvertently moving stuff in and out of the pass thru. First sign is the slam latch doesn’t work. Second sign is water leak. Every now and then I’ve needed to go around the flange with a pair of pliers to properly realign the flange. Afterward, slam latch works and no water intrudes.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We had the same problem on the same TT. I replaced the weatherstripping with 1/4” from a hardware store, problem solved.
Bobgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobgin View Post
We had the same problem on the same TT. I replaced the weatherstripping with 1/4” from a hardware store, problem solved.
If you do go this route, get the black, heavy, rubbery stuff, not the wimpy plastic foam stuff.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, leak