Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Be sure you’ve capped the city water intake. On my mh, the pump will draw air if I don’t seal it off.
Also had an invisible leak in the strainer at the pump that pulled air into the system resulting in no pumping. Was able to connect the incoming water line directly to the pump, bypassing the strainer.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #22
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I know you’ve been working on that rear bumper project as well this week. When you do solve this one, please let us know what caused the issue.
Water issue update: I'm sure this may pertain to my situation and probably not for everyone. After an exhausting matter of elimination I have come to my conclusion. My Seaflo (two different ones) does not like T fittings or elbow's at the inlet. I do believe the manufacturer also recommends none. The picture with the various pieces is what was removed and inspected at the first issue, no pressure. Note the T fitting at the inlet fitting. Before that there was a major kink in the feed line that went clear into the cabinet area beside the pump. The pieces all appeared with no issue. So I replaced all those pieces for a more direct feed using the elbow showed, at the inlet. Exact same results, no flow or pressure, pump won't shut off, same as first pump. Remembering what I had read somewhere about elbow issues, I replaced the elbow with the straight fitting pictured. SHAZAAM. Flow and pressure, Before I get all excited I still have to decide how I want to mount it. The pump does seem like it likes vertical more than horizontal, and I have that extra length of hose to route that the pump is demanding to create a straighter smoother flow. I will post again after completely mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1239.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	179066   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1241.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	179067  

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1242.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	179068  
Old 05-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #23
Jim

This is how I ended up mounting it. I let the pump dictate the position for flow. I did elevate the pump as not to put any pressure on the hoses (small space). I think for perfect function the outlet needs a straight fitting also but room doesn't really accommodate that and I didn't want to do anything elaborate. I done away with the anti freeze hose, probably just blow hoses out for winter. There is enough room to put a 12 x 13 1/2 inch shelf over the pump, just for a trash can anyway. The good news is, I have an extra pump, Seaflo 42. I'll leave that one in and save the 33 that came with it as backup. Remember, this is on a 2021B 2108DS so it's probably different from most others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1243.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	179069  
Old 05-24-2021, 10:34 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing the outcome. I’m glad you got it figured out.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:37 PM   #25
Proud “No Intent” Owner

And another lesson to be learned. What is the last thing one did before one had the issue. Often it’s just as simple as what we did last that caused something else down the line.
We’re all happy you’re good to go!
Old 05-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #26
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
And another lesson to be learned. What is the last thing one did before one had the issue. Often it’s just as simple as what we did last that caused something else down the line.
We’re all happy you’re good to go!
That is true, I learned that years ago working on motorcycles. My water problem started right off in the beginning brand new, folded feed line, and the T at the inlet. The fun started from there. A article I read jogged my memory of the elbows, so I related the T fitting to relative of the elbow.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Very strange, indeed. I would not expect any pump to be that fussy, so my mind wonders off to what else may be possible?

No that your explanation if not true, just that it seems really hard to see a pump being that critical of small points like tee added in line but still working for the wide variety of water situations we run into with the pump.

Time will tell if it seems to be totally good or not but this where we sometimes need to keep the mind really open to alternates on the fix!

Some questions to keep in the back of the mind?
If the pressure for the pump is so critical a tee can upset it, what happens when the water level in the tank changes as that height of water level is what generates more or less pressure at the input to the pump. Does the pump like it the same when pressure is higher with a full tank but also when the pressure is low with only 1/3 tank? Seems like a simple tee would not change it as much??? Live with it to see how it thinks!

Or as a "devil's advocate" thinker, what about this ?
Is it possible there are more kinks in the tubing, perhaps back behind where you can see it, but the kink changes, depending on how far one has pulled, twisted and turned the existing tubing to get different fittings and connections? Does it seem to work for a long time and then one day the tubing kinks again?

Too weird to really do more than guess along with see what you are finding but I hate these things that seem to clear when I do things that don't really seem like they should work!

I can't at all begin to argue with what you have done, just that I remain nervous on things that fix themselves in a way I don't understand. Good job, getting it fixed.
Best of luck on hoping it stays fixed and let us know on down the road?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #28
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Very strange, indeed. I would not expect any pump to be that fussy, so my mind wonders off to what else may be possible?

No that your explanation if not true, just that it seems really hard to see a pump being that critical of small points like tee added in line but still working for the wide variety of water situations we run into with the pump.

Time will tell if it seems to be totally good or not but this where we sometimes need to keep the mind really open to alternates on the fix!

Some questions to keep in the back of the mind?
If the pressure for the pump is so critical a tee can upset it, what happens when the water level in the tank changes as that height of water level is what generates more or less pressure at the input to the pump. Does the pump like it the same when pressure is higher with a full tank but also when the pressure is low with only 1/3 tank? Seems like a simple tee would not change it as much??? Live with it to see how it thinks!

Or as a "devil's advocate" thinker, what about this ?
Is it possible there are more kinks in the tubing, perhaps back behind where you can see it, but the kink changes, depending on how far one has pulled, twisted and turned the existing tubing to get different fittings and connections? Does it seem to work for a long time and then one day the tubing kinks again?

Too weird to really do more than guess along with see what you are finding but I hate these things that seem to clear when I do things that don't really seem like they should work!

I can't at all begin to argue with what you have done, just that I remain nervous on things that fix themselves in a way I don't understand. Good job, getting it fixed.
Best of luck on hoping it stays fixed and let us know on down the road?
The comment I made to my wife "I can't see all the lines, I guess time will tell."

Tags
need help, water