Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inside Speakers 1700BH

Hi all,

Just took my TT out for our first trip and had a great time. Playing music via bluetooth was an added convenience, however, the sound quality was lacking. I've search the forums and couldn't find anything specific to swapping out the internal speakers for a TT. Has anyone successfully done this? If so, would you mind sharing your experience installing, selecting replacement speakers, where purchased, improved sound quality, etc.?

Thanks!
cochbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and I feel you

I have a 2017 2455 BHS with the Connexx system and the Outside speakers actaually are OK for now, but inside NOT so Much. I am gonna call and find out a few specks. I do know that my speakers are 20w capacity.

What I learned with upgrading many cars is the Spec. we need is the RMS. 20 Watts is the max the speaker can handle. in the past I know for a fact that it is ideal to put 80% of the RMS to a speaker.

The Reason I am sharing this is because you can go get great speakers and install them and then be upset. I went that Route with Infinity Kappa speakers in a truck. When I called the vender they tough me all this. I had to return the Kappa's and get the lower series Reference or add an amp. I put to good of a speaker and did not have the Amps to allow it to perform.

So for me I do NOT want to get all into adding amps, etc.... ill follow up with you by the weekend end. What head unit do you have?
RR_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the detailed, quick reply. I don't want to get into all the complex audio components either - just replace existing speakers and I'd be happy. The speakers are too ting-y... not enough deep sound, bass. My 1700BH has two speakers, so it wouldn't be a high cost, and I'm willing to spend to get better sound.

As for the external speakers, I'd like to upgrade those as well... will have to wait for others to share.

Thanks and I look forward to learning more of what you've done.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Head unit

What brand and Model CD/DVD/BT/etc... Does your 1700BH have?

Ill do some research on the RMS and total watts it puts out and send you a link to a store I like for years to refer us both to the best sound options with a Budget in mind.

Sincerely RR_Mike
Old 10-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Joe & Maggie

If you decide to replace speakers check out Parts Express Direct.
jpellegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Year I have used Car Audio, Car Stereo System, Subwoofer, Car Amplifier, Audio Speakers a Lot with Trucks and cars. They always have many choices and Budget and Again (I have been slacking) we have to use RMS not watts to make sure we buy the correct speakers.

Sorry Ceiling Pic is sideways, I do not see making the hole bigger an issue. Again, without an Amp (I do not advise an amp) what we want to find is a 2 way speaker, give some Bass and Lows for Vocals. I will post by Monday what the RMS on the Connexx System is. Based on that well see what speaker Crutchfield and Techronics Recommend. Then we just shop Price!

I am excited PS about to post some Updates on my post By By Dinette 2455BHS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_11a4.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	170373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	170374  

Old 10-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochbr View Post
Hi all,

Just took my TT out for our first trip and had a great time. Playing music via bluetooth was an added convenience, however, the sound quality was lacking. I've search the forums and couldn't find anything specific to swapping out the internal speakers for a TT. Has anyone successfully done this? If so, would you mind sharing your experience installing, selecting replacement speakers, where purchased, improved sound quality, etc.?

Thanks!
We replaced ours inside. The factory ones are terrible. There are a lot of great speakers. You could spend upwards of 200 or more for a pair or you could get a less expensive pair that will be fine for a tt that size. I think mine were 6 inch. Take the cover off one and measure from screw hole to screw hole on opposite side or simply measure across the whole speaker. They only come in common inch to half in sizes. Or take on off and go to best buy for example. I myself prefer JBL but if you have the crappy Jensen stereo like outs it wont matter.
bbbrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much RR_Mike and bbbrr - your comments are helpful. My TT is in storage so will have to make a visit to measure out everything and have a closer look at what I have, but I do have the crappy Jensen head unit (perhaps speakers) so anything replacement will be an improvement.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I swapped out my two factory (POS) speakers ($5 replacement cost online) with kenwood speakers I bought off amazon. These were 6.5" 3-way speakers. MUCH improved sound, and super easy to replace. Pictures included.

Thanks all for assistance. Now, I need to figure out how to swap out my two outside speakers!
Attached Images