Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-31-2023, 12:05 PM   #1
Navy NFO 78

2020 Slide out pulling off exterior trailer wall

Anyone experience having the slide out pulling out the frame screws from the trailer wall, leaving a .25in gap for water intrusion when driving? I've had it repaired twice by Winnebago maintenance. First time, they put larger rivets in... for the rivet heads to break off. This last 'fix' they put oversized hex bolts in. I'm not convinced the fix is the issue.

I believe when the rig is traveling down thru construction sites on I-95 and jostling around that the slide out is acting like a canteliver beam and flexing up/down on the inside free beams; thus, flexing the wall frame from the lower edge.

Thoughts???

Carl Reiber
2020 Minnie Winnie 2108DS
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.8L
reiberc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:37 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Navy NFO, P-3 Orion?
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Charlie View Post
Navy NFO, P-3 Orion?
Endless hours of boredom rewarded only by the occasional detection of an enemy submarine. But every night in a warm bed with hot meals. Such a deal.
Thank you for serving.

Tags
slide, slideout