Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 Micro Minnie 2106DS water leak issue

Not sure if the image will show up but I’ve a strange water issue. It looks to be leaking up from the floor at the door jam to the bathroom, the right side as you go in. We had a guy out to look and he cleaned out a lot of stink bugs clogging the AC drain. We thought this would fix the issue but I am still finding the area damp. I’m wondering if there is a waterline under the floor there that could have a small leak and is spraying up under pressure. Am going to turn the water off and see what happens. Anyone else have this issue? It hasn’t rained and we haven’t used the shower yet. I know leaks can be strange and water coming up from the floor there with no other obvious water stains seems odd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85FE6604-5723-4E66-9F8D-09FBCFC57836.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	185347  
Markl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 04:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

So update. Looking inside the cabinet under the tv and using my phone camera, I think the main waterline might have a tiny leak and is dripping a few drops. It’s running along the inside of the wall inside the bathroom and exiting at the door jam. I turned off the water to see if it stops. Also turned off the air as it’s cold out now. We have another few nights here so will have to limit water use til we leave. I’m hoping I can get to all of that easily. We also need part of the floor replacing from a window leak so may use a local rv place for both.
Markl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markl9999 View Post
Not sure if the image will show up but I’ve a strange water issue. It looks to be leaking up from the floor at the door jam to the bathroom, the right side as you go in. We had a guy out to look and he cleaned out a lot of stink bugs clogging the AC drain. We thought this would fix the issue but I am still finding the area damp. I’m wondering if there is a waterline under the floor there that could have a small leak and is spraying up under pressure. Am going to turn the water off and see what happens. Anyone else have this issue? It hasn’t rained and we haven’t used the shower yet. I know leaks can be strange and water coming up from the floor there with no other obvious water stains seems odd.
Mark,

I believe I can help you figure this out. I have a 2016 2106DS and our floor plans are the same.

First off, there are no waterlines below the floor.

Assuming none of the crimped PEX waterline connections are leaking, there are five threaded waterline connections on the street side of the trailer you will need to check.

The easiest two connections to check first are the hot and cold water shower connections. You can do this by removing the four screws in the square plate behind the shower handles as seen in the first picture below. The plate and handles will come off as a unit and behind there you will find the hot and cold water connections. Make sure those are tight and not leaking. If those are good and were not leaking...

Next you will need to check the City Water Connection and two Outside Shower Connections.

The cabinet below the TV is not a full width cabinet. From the front it appears to extend to the outside wall, but internally it stops short forming a cavity between the cabinet and the outside wall. This cavity is approximately 8" wide. The second picture below shows what I mean. I cut an opening in the face of the cabinet to install a USB fireplace. You can see in the picture where the cabinet ends and where the cavity begins on the right side of the opening.

The third picture below is looking straight down into that cavity. I labeled the three waterline connections that are in this cavity. Your problem may be coming from any of these three connections. Probably the best way to check to make sure these connections are tight, would be to remove the Outside Shower Box and check those two connections. If those are good, then use a mini endoscope, mirror or something to check the City Water Connection above. The other option, and probably what I would do, is just remove the City Water Connection and physically check it.

Hope this helps.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170415_1428401.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	185351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190122_160503.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	185352  

Name:	20190122_1608081.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	185353  
Fred 2106DS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good job there FRED ! Pictures are always twice as good as words!

Just something to add to the search process. When looking for where a leak might be coming from, try to look at the floor for any signs that is has been wet. There is often a layer of dust on the floor in these closed spaces and when water runs through, it will leave a trail!
So when looking at those connections behind things, try to get a look down at the floor which may tell you it is that spot or not. Kind of like reading the "history" it can be quicker than testing for a small leak that may take hours to get a big enough puddle to spot.

I also find using something like tissue paper to wipe around the joints is one way to spot tiny leaks as the tissue gets into the cracks and the back side and changes appearance that we can spot.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I agree with Fred, look down in that cavity. I have found the black nuts to vibrate loose. I changed all my pex connections to brass.

Two ways to do that;

1)With your phone camera go in from the cabinet front at take a picture of that cavity.

2) Remove the outside shower box from the exterior wall, check the floor in that area.

3) Check the back side of the city water connection fitting.

Reseal all flanges with butyl tape and silicone the top and vertical lips once reinstalled.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shark bite 90.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	185356   Click image for larger version

Name:	swivel 90.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	185357  

Old 02-21-2024, 07:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

BCBorn,
What did are those fittings you replaced? Thanks
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Size of fittings

Size**
Old 02-21-2024, 07:45 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBap View Post
BCBorn,
What did are those fittings you replaced? Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-UC5...7&sr=8-93&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-UC5...GZfbmV4dA&th=1
Old 02-21-2024, 07:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thank you so much for the reply. For this question and also the one about the cooktop. Love this forum.
My main problem is I have developed a leak coming from underneath. Slow drip where the gray tank comes out the bottom of the trailer. From the black foam there. I saw ur post about the fittings and gonna start there. Only drips when “supply” is on. City water or pump. No idea where.
Do you know how to remove that cabinet that is under the tv in our trailers? I can get to the pipes from there.
As far as the stovetop…..I wanna keep the stove but get a flat glass topped cooktop. Not sure if I can or have to replace all of it? Thanks
Old 02-21-2024, 08:52 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

See comments in Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBap View Post
Thank you so much for the reply. For this question and also the one about the cooktop. Love this forum.
My main problem is I have developed a leak coming from underneath. Slow drip where the gray tank comes out the bottom of the trailer. From the black foam there. I saw ur post about the fittings and gonna start there. Only drips when “supply” is on. City water or pump. No idea where.

Check to outside shower fittings. The threaded nut can vibrate loose.
Do you know how to remove that cabinet that is under the tv in our trailers? I can get to the pipes from there.
As far as the stovetop…..I wanna keep the stove but get a flat glass topped cooktop. Not sure if I can or have to replace all of it?
The cutout in the counter is wider for the glass cover. the stove sits down inside the glass cover frame.Thanks
Old 02-21-2024, 09:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thank u

Oh awesome!! Thanks again. I’m gonna try those things. I’ll post on here what turns up!! Thanks!!

Tags
leak, water, water leak