Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
Site Team

Minnie Winnie 22M Bunk Ladder Relocation

The bunk ladder in our new 2019 Minnie Winnie 22M came strapped-down to the driver's side overcab berth cushion. This storage method makes it impossible to have the 96"x60"x5" berth made-up with sheets and blankets while the ladder is simultaneously stowed. I have relocated the ladder to the passenger-side bulkhead, and secured it with four cam-lock clamps. These clamps are strong enough to allow the ladder to now serve as an additional grab rail while entering or exiting the motorhome. To make room for this new ladder location, I have relocated the fire extinguisher to under the kitchen sink. I needed to install a backing-plate for the fire extinguisher's lower mount screw, as only the top screw would align with a cabinet rail support.
The clamps are made by Quad Logic, part number 100-3006-1, and are intended as an ATV Adjustable ¾" to 1" Rack or Handlebar Clamp Mount for Lights GPS Phone etc.

Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

very cool. Just purchased a 22M. Will def do the same!
charlemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
The bunk ladder in our new 2019 Minnie Winnie 22M came strapped-down to the driver's side overcab berth cushion. This storage method makes it impossible to have the 96"x60"x5" berth made-up with sheets and blankets while the ladder is simultaneously stowed. I have relocated the ladder to the passenger-side bulkhead, and secured it with four cam-lock clamps. These clamps are strong enough to allow the ladder to now serve as an additional grab rail while entering or exiting the motorhome. To make room for this new ladder location, I have relocated the fire extinguisher to under the kitchen sink. I needed to install a backing-plate for the fire extinguisher's lower mount screw, as only the top screw would align with a cabinet rail support.
The clamps are made by Quad Logic, part number 100-3006-1, and are intended as an ATV Adjustable ¾" to 1" Rack or Handlebar Clamp Mount for Lights GPS Phone etc.

I like this! Where did you get the cam-lock clamps?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
Site Team

I purchased them on Amazon. They are made by Quad Logic, and this is what I would like to call an "inverse use item." In other words, the original design intent was to fasten a phone or a GPS to your round handlebar.
Please note that I purchased the black screws through one of our local hardware stores which has a huge selection of fasteners. The eight black self-tapping Philips-head screws have ¾" of exposed thread. That gives plenty of grip without penetrating through the bulkhead.
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thank you very much, from one Eagle to another!!!

Tags
bunk ladder as a handrail, bunk ladder relocation