Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Is it possible, View and Navion owners....?

Those of you who ordered your rig new, were you able to get a bottom line price with all the bells and whistles you wanted before you had to commit to the purchase? I would like to get to a bottom line price on a 2022.

I have read threads about buying a bare bones rig and then have your bells and whistles put on later after market.
Others have had all their add ons done either by Winnebago or the dealer as part of the purchase.

Thanks in advance, Craig
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

No problem to get price. That is the first thing we needed to see if we even were going to use a specific dealer. Ordered with almost every option. Hope we can get the otions and not come up short because of shortages. Options were priced at dealer cost.
dajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
Those of you who ordered your rig new, were you able to get a bottom line price with all the bells and whistles you wanted before you had to commit to the purchase? I would like to get to a bottom line price on a 2022.

I have read threads about buying a bare bones rig and then have your bells and whistles put on later after market.
Others have had all their add ons done either by Winnebago or the dealer as part of the purchase.

Thanks in advance, Craig
I ordered with options and dealer stuck by the price we had negotiated.
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I gave the dealer my list of options. We arrived at a price. He sent in the order. My view arrived as ordered. I was very pleased with the View.
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJTroyer View Post
I gave the dealer my list of options. We arrived at a price. He sent in the order. My view arrived as ordered. I was very pleased with the View.
How long did you wait? Was it recently? Only thing we are concerned with is if Winnebago raises th price we will have to pay increase otherwise price is set.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:48 PM   #6
Wheelcrazy

Unless you know a dealer that you have experience with or a referral that you totally trust, I recommend ordering or buying a unit with the options you want factory installed. There is a serious shortage of qualified mechanics and technicians in our country and the horrors of getting your Rv repaired properly are well documented. This was a big problem prior to Covid, now the problems are compounded. Carefully select the dealership you plan to do business with, even if it means you may have to travel some to get there. If you aren’t capable of doing minor repairs I would give a lot of weight to their service facilities and track record, don’t focus solely on price.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

In order to get a shorter delivery time, we selected a D configuration that was close to what we wanted (diesel generator), but it lacked lithium batteries, auto-levelling and extra solar panels (plus minor upgrades - TPMS, valve extenders, WiFi booster, cell phone booster, ... - which the dealer could easily do).

We purchased from Lichtsinn since they had a good reputation online (difficult to find many complaints about them) - and they seem to hire techs that have Winnebago experience (factory is close by).

They installed the lithium upgrade using the same parts Winnebago was using for the factory installation.

We opted for the HWH levelers instead of the system installed by Winnebago - which was installed at the HWH factory a few hours from Lichtsinn.

And they did a great job installing everything else.

Even though we're 1000 miles away, we're going back to them annually to let them do the annual maintenance - and then using a local dealer or mobile RV service for items that can't wait (or we can't fix).

During our research, looking for dealerships within reasonable driving range - there were a lot of complaints about poor service quality at many of the dealerships.

While the 1000 mile drive is a hassle - we're adding the annual maintenance on the end of a longer trip - sightseeing and family - and then stopping at Lichtsinn on the way back home.

We may have spent a little more $$$ in buying our 21D from Lichtsinn and then having them add some of the features that could have been done at the factory - but it was worth that to get deliver months earlier - and we haven't been disappointed in dealer service or post-sale support.

Especially because of inconsistent dealer service quality and that many dealerships either refuse to provide service to RVs they haven't sold or will delay service for months to "squeeze you into their queue" - choosing the dealership, price and features can be challenging...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
In order to get a shorter delivery time, we selected a D configuration that was close to what we wanted (diesel generator), but it lacked lithium batteries, auto-levelling and extra solar panels (plus minor upgrades - TPMS, valve extenders, WiFi booster, cell phone booster, ... - which the dealer could easily do).
Nothing came up about ordering options was going to take longer. they just reconfigued one of their existing orders with the options we wanted.
We live about 600 miles from Lichtsinn so that is very doable.

I will call tomorrow and ask if this is slowing down our build.

24D on order for fall.

Tags
view