Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca navion 2014 question

Hello,
Long time follower, first time writer. I have a 2014 Navion Itasca. I am getting ready for the season and when I started him up many of the dashboard lights went on. Lights not on were engine, battery, oil, etc. The others were icons that were not even in the Mercedes book. Because it had it's 40000 mile service last fall and was driven little and it sounded well I thought we should give it a ride. So, none of those lights went out on a ~20 mile trip. It ran fine. When we came home I said I would take pics of the lights and send them in but when I went to get the camera and restarted the engine there were no lights on. Today I started the rig and again all those lights came on. I shut it off and the when I restarted it they were gone. Long story short.
Should I worry?
I have had the rear wheel sensor replaced after going into limp mode. I don't know if this a precursor to the same thing.
Any advise is appreciated.
Tomorrow I go to have my propane hose replaced due to cracking, should I ask or is this nothing and I will be bilked.
Thanks
Mary
Mward553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mary,
I believe you could take your Itasca into an auto parts store and ask someone to read the engine error codes for you. The last I heard, auto parts stores do not charge for this service.
Good idea to get a cracked propane hose replaced. Glad you noticed that.
Perhaps another owner of a 2014 Mercedes model year could add some clarity to these mystery warning lights?
Eagle5
Old 04-06-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Eagle 5 for the reply.
Bob (My Navion) has been at a shop for over a week now and they can't seem to find the answers. They've done all the diagnostics, now they're looking for corrupt software and then to pull the instrument panel. Hopefully this isn't costing me a mint but what could I do. I appreciate your input
Mary
Mward553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi again Mary,
Bob as the name for your Navion,... why not?
Mercedes Benz engineering has always seemed too over-complex for my taste. My brother has a Mercedes Benz, and it seems like it needs work every time you turn-around. You do get better fuel economy than I do, so that is a perk.
Why don't you tell the dealership that you will wash your Navion once you get it back home, so you don't need a bath on the price of repair (ha-ha.) Seriously, I hope this doesn't get too expensive.
Let us know what the dealership finds, OK?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 04-10-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Don’t be discouraged. I’ve owned 3 MB chassis Motorhomes. Never a issue with the MB however that wasn’t the case with the Winnebago side of things!
Viper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mward553 View Post
Hello,
Long time follower, first time writer. I have a 2014 Navion Itasca. I am getting ready for the season and when I started him up many of the dashboard lights went on. Lights not on were engine, battery, oil, etc. The others were icons that were not even in the Mercedes book. Because it had it's 40000 mile service last fall and was driven little and it sounded well I thought we should give it a ride. So, none of those lights went out on a ~20 mile trip. It ran fine. When we came home I said I would take pics of the lights and send them in but when I went to get the camera and restarted the engine there were no lights on. Today I started the rig and again all those lights came on. I shut it off and the when I restarted it they were gone. Long story short.
Should I worry?
I have had the rear wheel sensor replaced after going into limp mode. I don't know if this a precursor to the same thing.
Any advise is appreciated.
Tomorrow I go to have my propane hose replaced due to cracking, should I ask or is this nothing and I will be bilked.
Thanks
Mary
Purchased a new 2018 Navion and from our first trip I became aware. That MB is a fine chassis until you need to fine a dealer that can provide timely service at a reasonable price. After several recalls and waiting for parts it became apparent to me that dependable and responsive service was not a strong point with MB . The final experience with MB was when we were preparing to start a 3500 mile trip an the engine warning light came on. Bottom line it was N O2 sensor and dealer stated that that sensor was on back order any he had two Amazon vans that have been waiting for the same part for some time . We loved the Navion but I could not live with MB problem
Dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:21 PM   #7
Wheelcrazy

Hi Mary, I don’t know if an auto parts store can read the OBD codes, Mercedes has a sophisticated computer that usually requires dealership access. The parts store could however check your battery and the alternator charging rate which can cause dash lights to come on if a problem exists there. I owned a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser with the MB Sprinter chassis, great driving rig, but sold it in less than a year when I learned about the sensor issues, scarcity of servicing dealerships, parts availability issues, and high cost of service and repair. You may find some help on the MB Sprinter Forum.

Tags
itasca