Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

I monkeyed with mine a little bit and I haven't figured it out. Mine is really tight, I can pull it back maybe 1/8" but I am afraid to pull harder for fear of breaking it, plus it's nearly up against the step up into the coach. There must be a clip on it similar to the plastic clips on door panels where you have to pull in the right direction or they break off. There is very little room to pull backward like the picture shows because in the Via the floor steps up right there.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

ok, thanks for the tip. Mine does not appear broken but there must be a clip of some sort that is missing.
dsruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:58 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Question: When plugged into city water, are you going direct to the plumbing and bypassing the tank or not? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsruth View Post
Question: When plugged into city water, are you going direct to the plumbing and bypassing the tank or not? Thanks.
I haven't got that far yet! LOL. Just bough the rig in Nov and going through it, mechanicals first then I'll go through the coach. We haven't taken it anywhere. I need to learn all about the water hookups myself, and about that gray water pump. I also want to find out if there is a heating pad on the fresh water tank or just the gray/black tanks.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Let me know what you find out. Iam not sure that there are heaters on any of these tanks. I have a 2011 Q model. I am still learning about the systems on this equipment. I have found that the information Winnebago is not nearly as detailed as I would like. But on the other hand a lot of people just want to know what they have to do to make it work. Period.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #46
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Let me know what you find out. Iam not sure that there are heaters on any of these tanks. I have a 2011 Q model. I am still learning about the systems on this equipment. I have found that the information Winnebago is not nearly as detailed as I would like. But on the other hand a lot of people just want to know what they have to do to make it work. Period.
I have the exact same rig as you and I definitely have heaters on the gray and black tanks. There's a red switch on the bedroom wall that turns them on. Did you get the big black bag with all the paperwork/manuals in it?
Old 12-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Anyway here's another parts diagram that shows all the part numbers, pay no mind to the diagram part numbers shaded in gray, those are not for our models. I don't see any clip that goes on the cover, it was probably a one piece part and maybe part of it broke off. The only clip shown retains the pin for the lever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	park.png
Views:	69
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	176574  
Old 12-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #48
Winnebago Owner

Yes I did but I don't have a red switch. This unit was sold in Florida and I live in Fort Lauderdale. Yes I have the books for the unit. Went to Winnebago Web site to down load all the info I could. Wiring diagrams etc. Have a whole other book with all my "add on" information. Is your red switch next to the light switches?
Old 12-27-2020, 07:47 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

If I didn't tell you I have a 2011 ,Q model 26,000 miles. Bought this unit in June 2020. Always glad to share info and support.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #50
Winnebago Owner

were your tank heaters an option or after market ?
Old 12-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #51
Winnebago Master

For you folks who are trying to figure out the RV, there is a great spot you should not overlook as it can let you get a "superman" style view of the RV, turn it over, left right and zoom to see which line goes where, etc.
It takes a bit of "learning curve" to get the view turned the way you want but it has been a lifesaver for lots of things.
If you know the name of the item but not the location, you can click on the parts list to the right and it turns that part yellow on the drawing! Or if you can spot the part but don't know the "real" name, click the part and it highlights it on the list!

Everything on the RV portion but not the chassis parts!!!

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #52
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
For you folks who are trying to figure out the RV, there is a great spot you should not overlook as it can let you get a "superman" style view of the RV, turn it over, left right and zoom to see which line goes where, etc.
It takes a bit of "learning curve" to get the view turned the way you want but it has been a lifesaver for lots of things.
If you know the name of the item but not the location, you can click on the parts list to the right and it turns that part yellow on the drawing! Or if you can spot the part but don't know the "real" name, click the part and it highlights it on the list!

Everything on the RV portion but not the chassis parts!!!

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Thanks Richard, I have seen that but for 2011 up it requires Internet Exploder and I have to decide if I want to install IE on my PC. I dumped IE years ago and never looked back.

edit: whoa the last time I looked it said IE only but the page you linked works on Chrome! I'm checking it out now
Old 12-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #53
Winnebago Master

Quote:
were your tank heaters an option or after market ?
They look factory, the switch is near the thermostat but not with the light switches. The heaters are 12 volt and they consume a lot of power thus can only really be used when plugged in or on generator power.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #54
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Thanks Richard, I have seen that but for 2011 up it requires Internet Exploder and I have to decide if I want to install IE on my PC. I dumped IE years ago and never looked back.
Maybe worth a second check as I think it got upgraded and I do use it on Chrome??
Not certain of that as I do have both on this machine.

I found this note currently. Click to get a better view? Looks like IE is about the only one NOT supported?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parts.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	176577  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #55
Winnebago Owner

Don’t have that red switch on mine. Have to look into it
Old 12-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #56
Winnebago Owner

Talked to Winnebago. The tank heater was an option. I do not have that but the coach is pre wired for it so I could add it.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #57
Winnebago Master

Found one of the hinges on the freezer door broken and the other one cracked. Cheapest price online is at GetRVParts.com even though ebay seller claims lowest price at $37.49 ea GetRVParts is $30.99 and with shipping still cheapest. The hinges are easily broken and I plan to reinforce the new ones by filling one of the mold cavities with JB Weld before installing. Can only put JB Weld in one cavity as the spring rides in the other and needs to slide.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:40 PM   #58
Winnebago Owner

Do heavier anti sway bars really make a big difference? Would like to hear from those with 1st hand experience.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #59
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone had firsthand experience with replacement anti sway bars. We’re they worth it? Did they make a major improvement? Thanks
Old 01-13-2021, 04:22 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Has anyone had firsthand experience with replacement anti sway bars. We’re they worth it? Did they make a major improvement? Thanks
There was a member here by the name of Old Crows that had a lot of good info if you can find some of his posts. Unfortunately you won't be able to ask him any questions as he passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was also active on the Sprintersource forum. Here is a thread I started with some questions, Old Crows and Calibiker are very knowledgeable on suspension upgrades for the Sprinter based motorhomes. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/i...s/91575/page-2
Keep in mind everything you do has a trade off. Some like the bigger sway bar because they mainly drive the highway and it helps eliminate sway, but at the same time it will make certain situations worse for instance washboard roads and entering/exiting driveways. I have been researching this for a while and I have decided to start with Fox 2.5 tuned rear shocks and Koni Struts up front and see where that gets me first as I know my factory shocks and struts have seen better days. Look at Sumo Solos while you're at it, sort of a poor man's air bag, they replace the bump stops with bigger, chambered ones. Some love em and some hate em. Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it works.

Tags
winnebago