Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago Via or View

Looking at 25 ft motor homes. I know the Via is considered a class A and the View a Class C. They both appear to have similar specs and overall dimensions as they are both Sprinter chassis.

So what are the pro's to getting a Via? What are you getting for the extra $?

I'm really interested in this size, definitely not more than 30 ft.
Chriswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

When we still had our Solera (View competitor from Forest River) we looked at the View and Via.
The Via adds a nicer driving area. However it lacks in external storage space.
What we disliked on both is that they miss a dinette.
Consider your lifestyle and how you use the unit when traveling - that will tell you if the space and storage works.
For us it was OK for abweekend trips as our first RV. However our corner bed did not work on a week long trip. We since moved to a Brave 27B..

Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswar View Post
Looking at 25 ft motor homes. I know the Via is considered a class A and the View a Class C. They both appear to have similar specs and overall dimensions as they are both Sprinter chassis.

The Via is a nice little package if you can live with its limitations. Our best friends had a Via and we took several trips with them while they had it. The tanks are small including the fuel tank. The chassis doesn't have levelers. Our friends has an HWH system installed that they engineered specifically for the Sprinter chassis. Obviously the storage capacity is limited. That being said, the Via performed well in the western mountains towing a Saturn Vue.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Neither the View nor the Via come with levelers (we did add them). A dinette is available in the Via P floor plan. Any Via floor plan has more exterior storage than the Views. The 26 gal fuel tank on each is much bigger than we need\use to drive between fuel stops. Other tanks (29-40 gals) are adequate for us. If we only stay somewhere for up to 3 days, we usually only hookup electric and don't have to ration water or showers.

If you use a generator often, the standard genny on both is LP and the LP tank is only 13 gals, but there is an option (expensive) to get a diesel one. Works fine for our uses (35 hours in 13 months and 11000 miles) but not for everyone. We've bought about 16 gals of propane so far.

Here's why we bought our Via vs a View:

More outside storage
Easier access to the front cab seating area from inside
Front seating area is wider.....View is Sprinter width
Better visibility from larger front windows & windshield
Larger dash
Interior feels roomier
Larger window in kitchen
More aerodynamic .. at least looks to be so
Read about lots of roof leaks on C cab overs (nothing specific to Winnebago's)
I know they've upgraded some things on the 2015 but can only remember a larger window
One con - Via has no air bags Good luck!

Norman & Janet
neschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #5

I agree with everything neshultz says on the reasons we bought our Via. We have the 25T and there is a huge outside storage compartment in back that is accessible from both sides of the rv. We put folding chairs, tables, bbq, tools, cleaning supplies and extra shoes and clothes in there. Clothes are in large plastic bags to keep them clean. When we looked at the View/Navion my wife kept bumping her head on the overhead when getting into the passenger seat, and after being in the Via, it is so much roomier up front. Whichever model you get, you will love the travel opportunities that they provide. We get off the highway as soon as possible and get onto the back roads to see the real America. One of our best trips was to drive around the Olympic peninsula in Washington and then over to Oregon and down highway 1 and 101 to LA. We even went around the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach/Monteray peninsula. I do not know what people above mean when they say limited storage. The 25Q Via does have limited outside storage because of the queen bed, but the other models are fine. Tanks sizes are fine for us, and we usually dump them every 2 or 3 days. The table that Winnebago provides is big and heavy, so we bought a small oval plastic table from a marine supplier and put the base from the W table on it. Works great in either hole in the floor. A small point, we also love the location of the tv, and replaced the crappy Jensen tv with a 26" Vizio. I shall probably change that to a 29" in a few weeks. We also get 15 to 16mpg in the mountains of Colorado and 17 to 18mpg in flatland states. I could go on and on, but as you can see we love our Via. We downsized from a diesel pusher towing a Jeep. We do not tow with the Via because it can go almost anywhere, and we have rented a car a few times. Let us know if you have more questions.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2014 View V. It is $20,000 Less than the Via-if you are on the fence-that should do it.

Our View has 2 Front doors, it has factory warranty on the A/C, Power Windows, Power Locks, as well as all the Dash Electronics. The Via has warranty for 1 year, not 3 years , on all the stuff that is not Mercedes.

We were interested in the Via, but the price persuaded us to go with the View. We have no regrets, they are so similar-it does not matter.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We wanted one with the corner bed View J vs Via P. The J bed is 80" long and the Via bed is 75" long. At 6'2", I went with the longer bed in the J.
drke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The View has air bags, the Via does not.

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #9
2010 Winnebago Via 25r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswar View Post

I have a 2010 Winnebago Via 25r which I consider the best of the floor plans. It is listed in the classifieds as of today. I love it but my circumstances have changed. I have had 2 Views and a Navion. They are on the 3500 (1 ton) chassis. The Via is on the F50 chassis which is heavier. The view tow capacity is 3500 lbs while the Via is 5000 lbs. With the slide fully extended it has lots of room that you will not find in the View or Navion. the rear bathroom is about the same as the View with the same size shower. mine has a 46" tv and with the placement of the TVs in the view I had (H) no way. out of all the mhs I have had the Via is by far the best. 13-18 mpg depending on the wind and driver, You can get into any park and short enough no need to tow a car (although I tow a smart car). Before I towed car if there was somewhere I wanted to explore I would call Enterprise and rent a car. It always worked out great
Mbarton557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Our VIA is a 25T diesel. We love it. Easy to drive and parks anywhere. We like the twin bed setup in the back.
Birdie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

via

Just bought a 2011 Via 25Q. First time RV owner so we were attracted to the narrow width, diesel and easy driveability. underneath storage isn't great and ive bumped my head a few times getting into the compartments. think i'd learn. we learned quick how to negotiate the narrow space between galley and head.

One day after purchase we drove from Fl. to Co. had a bad fuel filter that delayed us 12 hours at the beginning of the trip and cost me $500 to replace at a local mercedes dealership. we averaged about 13 mpg. 6 days living in it and we are enjoying it. pleased with the purchase.
Mc Do Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

The plugs in my VIA 2017t quit working. I pressed the reset button on the plug by the door, it clicked, but they still don’t work. I checked and no breakers have tripped. I used the generator to run the a/c (dry camping) and had a small fan plugged in plus a phone charger. When I turned off the a/c and generator, the plugs didn’t work. All the lights worked off the battery. Any ideas?
Old 05-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie2017 View Post
When I turned off the a/c and generator, the plugs didn’t work. All the lights worked off the battery. Any ideas?
The inverter is turned off????
Old 05-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Where is the inverter? Is it in a basement compartment?
Old 05-16-2020, 05:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I found the inverter panel (the dumbass salesman told me that panel had to do with Solar and because I don’t have Solar...not to worry about it!!!) Anyway, I turned on the battery, walked back to the panel and the Inverter was OFF. I turned it on...plugged in the small portable fan...it still doesn’t work. BUMMER!!!! I pushed the reset again on the Outlet by the door, plugged in the little fan again...nothing!! Thank you so much for offering your help and advice. It’s an education in progress...what I HAVE learned with your help is....where the inverter is located.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #16
Site Team

Is the fan being plugged into an outlet fed by the Inverter? With the inverter on, only certain outlets will work. Usually one in the Kitchen and one in the bathroom. Also, one next to a bed and or near a TV.

So, yes, you need:

1. Power in your batteries
2. The inverter on
3. To plug into a receptacle fed by the inverter
Old 05-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Yeaaaaa. ONE receptacle works on the back wall between the twin beds. Thank you sooooo much!!!
Old 10-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Do Well View Post
Just bought a 2011 Via 25Q. First time RV owner so we were attracted to the narrow width, diesel and easy driveability. underneath storage isn't great and ive bumped my head a few times getting into the compartments. think i'd learn. we learned quick how to negotiate the narrow space between galley and head.

One day after purchase we drove from Fl. to Co. had a bad fuel filter that delayed us 12 hours at the beginning of the trip and cost me $500 to replace at a local mercedes dealership. we averaged about 13 mpg. 6 days living in it and we are enjoying it. pleased with the purchase.

Just bought the exact same one (2011 25Q) yesterday and will bring it home Friday. In very good shape with under 60K miles. Wondering how things are going with yours?

Brian in Tucson
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2017 VIA 25T and traveling with just the wife, Big dogs and 3 cats we have a great time. The Sprinter engine provides great amount of power to get us on and off the interstate and up steep roads in the mountains.

I have done some upgrades which almost every rig needs after you learn what is working or not.

I added a passive Display for the GPS/Radio so the screen sits just behind and above the steering wheel. Car toys installed in 20 min.
Sumo Springs front and back. Went blue front and Yellow in the back.
Helwig Rear Sway bar. Bilstien rear shocks.
Just had the sofa bed replaced with recliner loveseats.
Cut a pet door in the back so cats cat use litter box in the outside accessible rear compartments. Helps with odors.
Lift and level system -EQ Smart level.installed by factor in IN.

The Cons. At least for me
The basement compartments open up which is PITA for me at 6'4". The EQ Smart level has helped a ton adding 2-3 " lift. I could easily go up 6" but the auto is working.
May add a Hitch mounted storage system to add some storage space.
Divelement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divelement View Post
I have a 2017 VIA 25T and traveling with just the wife, Big dogs and 3 cats we have a great time. The Sprinter engine provides great amount of power to get us on and off the interstate and up steep roads in the mountains.

I have done some upgrades which almost every rig needs after you learn what is working or not.

I added a passive Display for the GPS/Radio so the screen sits just behind and above the steering wheel. Car toys installed in 20 min.
Sumo Springs front and back. Went blue front and Yellow in the back.
Helwig Rear Sway bar. Bilstien rear shocks.
Just had the sofa bed replaced with recliner loveseats.
Cut a pet door in the back so cats cat use litter box in the outside accessible rear compartments. Helps with odors.
Lift and level system -EQ Smart level.installed by factor in IN.

The Cons. At least for me
The basement compartments open up which is PITA for me at 6'4". The EQ Smart level has helped a ton adding 2-3 " lift. I could easily go up 6" but the auto is working.
May add a Hitch mounted storage system to add some storage space.
Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around, I am desperate to share notes with other Class A Sprinter based RV owners who do their own work like me. I am planning on Red Konis up front and Fox HD 2.5s in back, after I see how that handles I will decide if I want the Sumos as well. I am looking at additional storage as well although have to be careful with our meager GVWR. Where do people put their lawn chairs, in the shower??? Seriously I am trying to come up with a double receiver adapter in back holding a bike rack and something for the lawn chairs.

I am also planning to set up AutoEnginuity on a 8" Windows tablet to monitor live data and regens. Torque Pro will only get EGTs and DPF differential which is all over the board, it would do in a pinch but I believe with AE I will know in advance of regens and plan accordingly.

Are you over at Sprintersource too?
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago