Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista LX 30T No Dash Heat or Motoraid

We have a 2018 Vista LX 30T and the dash heater does not work. Also the motoraid water heater assist does not work. I took it back to our dealer and they could not find the problem. The A/C and fan work fine. I opened the hood and looked at the heater water control valve. This valve is driven by an electric motor and I can detect vibration of the motor when the temperature control knob in the dash is turned. I also noticed that none of the hoses going to the heater control valve are very warm. I removed the dog house and found that the motoraid lines to the water heater are cold. All tests were run with the engine up to operating temperature. It looks like there is no water flow to the dash heater or the motoraid lines. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you,
Richard and Cathy
Richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Richw, sounds like the line going to the hot water heater has an air lock or as a kink in it. Look at the hose routing at the back of the hot water heater.
The heater control valve is a bypass valve so water should be flowing at the time.
I believe the hose coming from the back of the coach and connecting to the back of the engine is the return line. Try loosing the clamp and see if you get coolant.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Why is it the owner's responsibility to diagnose this problem?
hfbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I found 2 kinked hoses in the Motoraid system. One was above the engine and the other was in the sewer compartment. We made a 2 hour trek to a compground yesterday and we had heat all the way. When I get home I will shorten the hose in the sewer compartment so that it cannot kink.

I gave my dealer 4 weeks to fix this problem and they failed. I want to use my motorhome and not keep taking it back to the dealer. So that is why many of us would rather fix the problems that we can.

Rich
Old 11-06-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Richw, Thanks for the feed back. One of my Dad's favorite saying was "If you want it done right do it yourself".
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Your dad was a wise man and I a practice that philosophy whenever I can.
Thank you for your help and I thank the Winnie Owners Forum.

Tags
dash, heat