Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Speed Sensor Issue

On our 2009 Journey,it is showing the yellow engine warning light, with the code: PID190, FM12 Data erratic intermittent or incorrect. Additionally, the ABS warning light briefly came on (its off now). Also, I've noticed that our speedometer consistently shows a slightly lower speed whenever we pass one of those electronic speed monitors on the side of the road (to warn a driver that he/she may be speeding).

I am assuming that the issue is a speed sensor. Does anyone have any advice to properly diagnose/fix the issue?

I'm wondering is I can trace the speed sensor wires to a connection (that is accessible) to test them without removing each wheel. Maybe there is a way to test resistance to isolate which speed sensor is defective??

Other ideas? Thank you, Steve
S.T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote