Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2023, 01:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Removing shade/valence 2004 adventurer 38ft

I need to restring or replace the day/night shade that is by the table.. I do not see any way to remove the valence .. I just rehung the bedroom shade but this shade seems to have a different method of hanging…I need help please!!
CarolynM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It may be secured in the same manner as my 2002 Suncruiser. Mine were screwed to the bottom of the overhead cabinets. It's a little difficult to find the screws since the heads sink below the fabric inside the valence. I don't remember if they're magnetic but, if they are, a magnet will help. If I recall, I located mine with a thin bladed, flexible metal spatula made for icing cakes. I was able to slide it between the valance and the cabinet and move it side to side until I hit a screw. Now that I knew its side-to-side location, it was simply a matter of probing to find the screw head.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 08:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you!

I appreciate your suggestion! I was able to find the screws.. I’m realizing that when dealing with these shades and valences you really need to work at it.. every one of them is hung differently!
Old 05-30-2023, 10:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

It's always nice to hear back that something we suggested worked.

I have one shade that needs re-stringing but, despite detailed instructions, it's still not done. Be careful not to break the little plastic "knobs" that attach to the wall. Mine were very brittle.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the shades are washable. We did ours in the bathtub and they turned out great. I don't remember the details of what we used but there are instructions online.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 12:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your help.. I restrung my blind last night after I realized that I could use the kit I had purchased for smaller blinds.. it was easy to do using a doll maker needle I had in my sewing supplies.. I watched a few You tube videos and found a restringing diagram so I had no problem getting it done. New plastic pieces came in the kit.

Tags
adventurer, vent