Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Opinions on Buying a 2022 or Newer Adventurer 35F

Hello to all! We are considering moving to an Adventurer 35F. This would be our 5th RV. Currently have an Aspect 30J that we love after 6 years, which was a downsize from a 42' fifth wheel. A bit more room would be nice so our son and wife could visit us on our travels. I'm wondering if anyone could share the good and bad about the 35F. We would purchase 2022 or newer and haul a 20' enclosed trailer with ease behind our Aspect.Thanks so much!
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hopeful, we bought our 2022 35f in January of 2022. We are happy with the purchase overall. The floorplan is exactly what we were looking for with the half bath making it much easier to access while on the road. It's also convenient that we can stop overnight and and access everything with the slides in. We have the queen bed that we like more than a king. A quality 3 inch topper made a huge improvement over the OEM. The tvs are all very poor quality. We have the combo washer dryer and love it. The programming allows you to load it, set the cycle and it will wash and dry in less than an hour.

The kitchen is adequate. Keep in mind that the microwave/convection is not a full powered unit. Our preference would be for an oven. The residential fridge and ice maker are great. The dual sinks are nice if you prefer the dual to a single. Our unit didn't come with a backslash which should be standard. The "pantry" also should have standard pull out shelves. The induction cook top and propane burners allow for flexibility during meal prep. The snap up counter extension can be very handy.
We have the dinette and the extension L shaped sofa. The dinette is what it is. If you need additional sleeping space it's there. Lots of storage under the seats. We've added foam V-shaped house gutter guards to the bottom of the seat backs to add a bit of comfort over the 90 degree standard setup. The extension sofa is really handy when you are set up with the slides out. Others may disagree but I think all of the furniture is junk. I can't sit on the sofa very long before my back starts to complain.
The ensuite bath is well designed. The shower is huge by rv standards. The single sink, however is very small. The toilet is a low profile model that should be junked. I'm trying to state this as delicately as I can: for the target demographic of the rv industry in general, a low profile toilet gives a few unwanted results.
In general the cabinetry is ok and the finishes are acceptable. However, the trim pieces are nothing more than pressed cardboard. Do not allow any of them to be exposed to water or any liquid. Don't ask me how I know!
I don't have any comparisons to rely on, but I'm very pleased with the handling of the coach. We've all heard nightmares of bad handling and expensive add ons of dubious results. Keeping in mind that we've not been cross country (yet) the thing drives and handles very well. The improvements W made in handling have paid off. There is almost no blowback when an 18 wheeler or bus passes us. The steering doesn’t wander. The brakes work as they should. We tow a jeep 4 down and generally choose to travel at sub 65 mph. We'll, except when DW is at the wheel! The big V-8 is more than up to the job.
Down below there is a lot of storage. Ours has a pass through large enough that we can store an 8 foot ladder. The payload is also very generous. The stock cargo bay doors have a tendency to fly open under way. There are many fixes online however. The wet bay is well designed and allows for some additional storage.
I'm certain that I've missed a lot here but please PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202235f View Post
The toilet is a low profile model that should be junked. I'm trying to state this as delicately as I can: for the target demographic of the rv industry in general, a low profile toilet gives a few unwanted results.
Just and FYI, if you don't want to spring $200 for a new higher rise toilet they do make toilet risers that you install between the base of the toilet and the flange on the floor. They cost under $40 and are easy to self install (I'm told, I've not done so).

https://www.thetford.com/product/toilet-riser/
Old 02-07-2024, 07:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Wealth of information! Thank you so much. We're on the road and still undecided since we love our coach. I can operate every system without help which provides a level of comfort in older age. Setting up a new one is lots of work since we like everything "just so"! Thanks again for the great input.
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Winnebagos are good products. However, I wouldn't buy an RV without a thorough function inspection. Once you drive off and the seller has your money, all issues are on you to fix - even if covered by warranty. I spent 2 hours inspecting my used 33V Adventurer and found 17 repair items. I ran the water pump, flushed the toilet, ran all the faucets, ran the water heater, microwave, refrigerator, furnace and AC, sprayed a garden hose on the windows and roof, plus other things. I would not give the seller (a dealer) the final check until all items were fixed. Also, go on YouTube and checkout "Liz Amazing" library of videos concerning buying RVs - you'll learn a lot! Even with a warranty, service shops are notorious for taking their time fixing things - and not always to your satisfaction. From what I've heard, the RV industry took a hit on quality control and workmanship during and post-COVID. If you're happy with what you have (and it's only 6 years old), I'd keep it.
Sierradave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We purchased a 2023 Adventurer 35F at NIRVC, and are enjoying the 30th anniversary edition. The big Ford V8 tows our Jeep Cherokee just fine. Our trip to the Florida Keys from Phoenix and back was trouble free. The 30th anniversary edition has nearly all the options as standard.
RichB1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Play craps?

Who knows anymore? We have some family members who recently purchased a new MH after a third-party inspection. They had several items corrected before purchase. It seems every time we talk to them the RV is back in the shop having something else being dealt with under warranty. Stupid stuff.

We went the other way and purchased an older unit after a thorough inspection fully expecting to spend the next year or so fixing things that we found on the inspection and stuff that breaks as you go. So far I am way ahead on the money side.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

35F is on our short list, but we are thinking of a Navion 24D, just to be able to go places we may not be able to get to with the Adventurer. Like hearing about the good handling of the 35F.

We looked at one in Greenboro RV show in Jan, and I have to say that J-Lounge was probably the most comfortable couch I have sat on - but so was the dinette in the Navion 24D. Guess backs/butts do vary.
Oz-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, adventurer