Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2024, 09:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Victim

2016 Adventurer Driver's Door Painted Trim Shrinkage

On our early 2016 Adventurer, the painted, plastic I presume, trim that covers the screws attaching the molding going around the driver's door has shrunk to the point that it pops out of the molding. I am able to slightly pull on it, to stretch it, so I can get it back in place, but it only stays for a week or so. Once it's reinstalled, the painted sections no longer match up with the MH striping. It seems to me that it was originally too short when it was installed, and then the body was painted.

Has anyone had to deal with this situation? I can't imagine being able to buy a painted replacement, but who knows? As the trim reaches to the top of the door it becomes unpainted black, so a longer new pre-painted trim piece could potentially be much longer, installed starting at the bottom and end up at the top with the black ends, then cut off.

Pie in the sky dream perhaps. I guess I could just fill the trim with sealant, gluing in place or get a plain unpainted replacement that is long enough.

Ideas please!

Tags
adventurer, door, driver, paint, vent