Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-13-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Removal Main Cabin 2016 Forza

I have a 2016 Forza and want to remove the TV in the main cabin. How is it attached? I have looked all around looking for the secret release screw, but to no avail. I find it amazing that Winnebago to literally save a buck di not put a better TV in the main area. Why would you put in a TV WITHOUT a guide? This seems so generic to me. I don't know where I am and so knowing what the local programming is difficult. Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
Site Team

It would help those of us that don't own a 2016 Forza to know more about the TV installation you have now. Is it a televator? Is it mounted to a wall or in a cabinet? Can you post a photo.

If' it's on a wall, WBGO seems to have a couple of favorite methods.

First, just know that for some reason they don't use standard TV mounts. Instead they build their own super heavy duty metal mounts and then make it difficult to find access to the mounting screws.

Sometimes on a wall mount they have a wooden trim rail on the top and on one of the sides. In many cases those trim rails have screws to remove them. Then the TV lifts up or left/right depending on the trim rail location you find.

But... not always. Sometimes if it's on a wall there is an access to the mounting plate screws in a room or cabinet. If there's a bathroom on the other side of the wall where the TV is, look in that room and you might find the mounting screws go into a cabinet hung on the wall behind the TV in the bathroom or other room.

On my bedroom TV there is an empty space below the the TV. It looks like it's there to place a DVD player or sat receiver. But, on mine the TV mount bolts through the roof of that space and you can unbolt the mount via that space.

I've seen others that had a drawer below the TV and the mounting bolts are on the roof of the drawer space.

But in every case it's been a puzzle to figure out. You can sometimes get a glimpse of what's behind the TV and it's mount location by looking at your wiring diagrams for entertainment on the owner resource pages.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Team

OK, I looked up your TV installation in the wiring diagrams.

It's above the fireplace.

Here's a link and you'll see the mounting plate etc. Now, you just have to figure out how to get at it.

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_185626.pdf
Old 04-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago usually mounts a metal frame to the back of the TV with a lip across the top to hang on the coach mount. The TV with mount is lifted onto the coach mounting frame and is generally slightly tilted down towards the viewing area and metal screws are installed thru the TV mount and screwed into the coach mount near the bottom of the TV. What I have described has been widely used by Winn for many years but may have changed in your coach. Your best bet to get started is to check the bottom of the frame on the TV for a couple of small metal screws. Good luck
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

2016 Forza TV Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It would help those of us that don't own a 2016 Forza to know more about the TV installation you have now. Is it a televator? Is it mounted to a wall or in a cabinet? Can you post a photo.

If' it's on a wall, WBGO seems to have a couple of favorite methods.

First, just know that for some reason they don't use standard TV mounts. Instead they build their own super heavy duty metal mounts and then make it difficult to find access to the mounting screws.

Sometimes on a wall mount they have a wooden trim rail on the top and on one of the sides. In many cases those trim rails have screws to remove them. Then the TV lifts up or left/right depending on the trim rail location you find.

But... not always. Sometimes if it's on a wall there is an access to the mounting plate screws in a room or cabinet. If there's a bathroom on the other side of the wall where the TV is, look in that room and you might find the mounting screws go into a cabinet hung on the wall behind the TV in the bathroom or other room.

On my bedroom TV there is an empty space below the the TV. It looks like it's there to place a DVD player or sat receiver. But, on mine the TV mount bolts through the roof of that space and you can unbolt the mount via that space.

I've seen others that had a drawer below the TV and the mounting bolts are on the roof of the drawer space.

But in every case it's been a puzzle to figure out. You can sometimes get a glimpse of what's behind the TV and it's mount location by looking at your wiring diagrams for entertainment on the owner resource pages.

No its the Cabinet mount above the fireplace to the left of the sink. I used a scope as well as using my cell phone to look behind. It's kinda like Apple...We don't want you to figure it out so they have to fix it....I was considering calling Winnebago CS and asking a tech...Thanks for the reply(s). I still think it was stupid to place a TV that does NOT have a guide function. If you press info on the remote you get the channel info..
Chuck M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal