Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I had problems with the left and right turn signal cameras being blurry. It would start as a small blurry spot in the middle of the screen, then grow large enough to cover the entire screen. I had them both replaced, but the problem has returned. I called Winnie, the referred me to Sony who in turn referred me to a Sony dealer, who informed me that Sony no longer makes the unit. This is a 2006 rig. I don't understand how something can go obsolete in 1 year.
Anyway, has anyone else experienced the problem?
Thanks

FireStarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had problems with the left and right turn signal cameras being blurry. It would start as a small blurry spot in the middle of the screen, then grow large enough to cover the entire screen. I had them both replaced, but the problem has returned. I called Winnie, the referred me to Sony who in turn referred me to a Sony dealer, who informed me that Sony no longer makes the unit. This is a 2006 rig. I don't understand how something can go obsolete in 1 year.
Anyway, has anyone else experienced the problem?
Thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #3

Is the "blur" there all the time now? If not, it could it be moisture on the camera lens, or behind the lens.

My rear-view camera does the same thing from time to time.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yup - same problem on my circa summer of 2005 cam. My coach didn't come with side view cams nor was it an option so I added a starboard cam. This summer it had a blurry spot in the center.

Being the inquisitive tinkerer I unscrewed the lens and used a Q-Tip to clean the lens and the CCD but alas the problem remains. Must be a bad CCD.

Since I bought it from Tim at RV Cams, a new one is on the way and yes - it is a new housing (but I think the cam is the same.)

Thank you very much Sony

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem with my driver side camera. The camera was replaced and it worked for about two months before the blurry picture returned. Passenger side camera has had no problems.

The lens screws into the camera. The problem may be moisture getting inside the lens. I tried heating the lens with a hair drier, but did not see any improvement.

I noted for 2007 they went back to B/W cameras.

Don The Ham

2006 Adventurer 38J
1991 Saturn SL1

2010 GMC Terrain, Demco: Base plate, Excalibar II tow bar, and Sentry Deflector.
Don The Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freddy:
Is the "blur" there all the time now?

Freddie
Yes It is there all the time. I guess it is scrap the Sony and install something else. At least the back up is nice.
Thanks for all the responses. Really enjoy this forum!

Old 10-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

John,

By new housing do you mean a new cover that you will have to paint?

OT - where you headed after Kerrville?

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdrianLee:
John,

By new housing do you mean a new cover that you will have to paint?

OT - where you headed after Kerrville? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes - a new housing . Winnie said they will paint it for me next week, so maybe the paint job will be better!

We are going to do Big Bend/Ft Davis and then winter somewhere in the Southwest moving around every two-three weeks or as the mood strikes.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

John,

If Winnie will paint it for you - great. I was going to suggest a $5 air brush from Harbor Freight like I did.

Send me an email at adrian @ GhostWhisper . org - with no spaces and I will give you a few tips on things to see in the area you are going to be in for the winter.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote