Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jenson TV cabling question

I replaced the Jenson 26 inch TV in my 2010 Itasca Navion with a new Jenson JTV2851DC unit. Using the manual from the old TV, I carefully labeled where all of the RCA cables were inserted. After I mounted the new TV, I inserted the cables into the corresponding jack on the new 2815.

The TV works & looks great, but there are a couple of issues. First: I used to be able to play the TV sound over the external speakers in the ceiling by pressing the Aux button on the Jenson AWM970 DVD player. This no longer works. I checked that the cables were connected to the Output L & R jacks properly. Any ideas on why this function no longer works?

Second: The DVD player works, but I noticed that it is connected to the AV input. The manual for the new TV shows that it should be connected to the Component input. Does this make any difference? I labeled my AV input cables V, R & L, and labeled my Component inputs Y, Pb & Pr. So if I had to swap the AV and Component inputs, I don't know what cable to plug where!
Old 01-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I called Customer Support and learned that you have to access the Audio Settings screen and set the TV speakers to "Off", then go to the Setup screen and change the Audio Out setting to Fixed (this option is grayed out when the TV speakers are on), then the external speakers will work. Unfortunately, they don't tell you this in the manual. Hope this saves someone else some frustration.