Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2023, 04:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inverter issue, possible module 12V disconnect

I am experiencing an issue with my Xantrex Pro XM 1000 inverter system in a 2013 Sightseer 33C. It appears there is something going on with what is listed in the wiring diagram as a, Module-12V disconnect.... When this "thing" is in communication cable wiring for my inverter, as pictured, I get the fault light and three lines on the display. No error code.

But the inverter is functioning, as I have inverter power to my bedroom TV..... Even though it appears the inverter is not functioning per the "control panel." Using select switch changes nothing on the display.

If you remove this, Module-12V disconnect, and simply plug in the communication cable directly from the inverter, the display functions properly, with voltage, draw and so forth, and powers the TV.

So I am asking. What is this thing? And what can I do to find I guess a replacement. It appears to simply be a board with a "line in" wire and two CAT phone connections on each end. Then wrapped in shrink tubing. Has it "failed?"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	INVCONT.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	188141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shotpng.png
Views:	13
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	188143  

Myrons 33C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Always a guessing game on the mysteries we find? And it is a mystery to me, but we might be able to sort it closer?

Is this mystery item located just below the thermostat?
From the parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Looking in 12 volt electrical?

Click for better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	invert.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	188144

If this appears to be correct, possibly search with part number to scape up some more info on what it is and why or order if needed?

Doing a quick look and unsure if even close to right, I see hints of it on other RV and it appears to be a form of remote switch?? For turning inverters on/off?
Possible a call to some of the bigger/better parts folks to inquire might turn up some helpful info?
This site seems to be highly thought of by others. They did a good job for me on decals!
https://www.lichtsinn.com/rv-parts/rv-parts-order
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:05 AM   #3
Site Team

Call Xantrex Support. They are your best bet for troubleshooting issues with a Xantrex product. 1-800-670-0707. 6:30am-4:30pm PST, Mon-Fri

Tags
inverter